The Oxrageous Podcast - Alabama Week

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I liked the podcast, but I don't necessarily agree with everything he said. I don't think they were playing not to lose in the 2 nd half. Driskel was off, his confidence was shaken, so they gave him easier passes to complete to build his confidence back up. They also saw that their run game was effective so they used it more. That's being smart, not conservative, but they still were balanced with the pass. The best example is the first play in the 2 nd OT, which was a shot to the end zone. Not a conservative play at all, and it happened to be Driskel's best throw of the night.

I did agree with you 100% on Kiffin. He sucks.

E

EstebanRay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Awesome podcast! I used to listen when you were doing them on the GSMB. I was in search of another great forum to stalk and was over come with excitement when I came across GC and see that many of the same cast of characters are here, and felt it was time to try an join the conversation! So Hola and Beat Bama!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
EstebanRay said:
Awesome podcast! I used to listen when you were doing them on the GSMB. I was in search of another great forum to stalk and was over come with excitement when I came across GC and see that many of the same cast of characters are here, and felt it was time to try an join the conversation! So Hola and Beat Bama!
:happy:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Cordial welcome to EstebanRay. Keep popping off when inspired. It's your duty.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for the comments! Love it!

I didn't think it was overly negative but certainly not cheery. No love for the Emmitt call back? In Birmingham? 1987?

IT CAN HAPPEN AGAIN! Well, not with Emmitt but still...

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
jaywalker72;n53531 said:

I didn't think it was overly negative but certainly not cheery. No love for the Emmitt call back? In Birmingham? 1987?

Thanks for being a good sport...

Some people just take everything too seriously.

:chomp:

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
EstebanRay said:
Hola burrito! Manana El Paso que si jones, senor. Besa macula mamma la pinga. Los grande punta.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
jaywalker72;n53531 said:

I was at that game in Birmingham. Shared my bottle of bourbon with some Alabama fans and got drunker than Cooter Brown. They were pretty classy fans and as a matter of fact were very complimentary of Emmitt's game that day.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter;n53599 said:
I was at that game in Birmingham. Shared my bottle of bourbon with some Alabama fans and got drunker than Cooter Brown. They were pretty classy fans and as a matter of fact were very complimentary of Emmitt's game that day.

Next home game we thought we'd be cute and holler "Give it to Gould!" - SPOILER ALERT: We were not cute.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
EstebanRay said:
Welcome!

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
Ox, I'm a long time lurker, first time listener of your pod casts. I remember when you started doing it but didn't click over.

You do a really good job so kudos to you!

However, I think your credibility would be higher if you weren't so biased in your negative opinion of CWM and the Gators under his guidance. But maybe I'm reading (ok, listening) into it as I know you really liked Meyer.

But, as soon as I say that, I gotta follow it up with how I like your 'realism' BECAUSE of your unbiased opinion.

So, overall, my suggestion would be to at least attempt more neutrality but continue to provide your opinion. Hopefully you won't choose guests that share your negative opinion.

I'll hang up and listen.

Also, I really like your theatrics in the overall production and look forward to the new intro. Even if it's smoking mirrors.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Jand3k said:
Ox, I'm a long time lurker, first time listener of your pod casts. I remember when you started doing it but didn't click over.

However, I think your credibility would be higher if you weren't so biased in your negative opinion of CWM and the Gators under his guidance. But maybe I'm reading (ok, listening) into it as I know you really liked Meyer.

But, as soon as I say that, I gotta follow it up with how I like your 'realism' BECAUSE of your unbiased opinion.

So, overall, my suggestion would be to at least attempt more neutrality but continue to provide your opinion. Hopefully you won't choose guests that share your negative opinion.

I'll hang up and listen.

Also, I really like your theatrics in the overall production and look forward to the new intro. Even if it's smoking mirrors.
Thanks for the comments. The podcast is simply to share my personal feelings as well as express where I think the Gator fanbase is as a whole. The fact is, the majority overall feeling is negative right now, as a 4-8 season tends to do. We haven't really had a win to be excited about since the 2012 FSU game.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jand3k said:

I'll hang up and listen.

Ox, I'm not so sure the majority overall feeling is negative right now, maybe it's not through the roof with enthusiasm, however. I think the negative viewers are just louder right now, not necessarily that there's more of them.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n54455 said:
Ox, I'm not so sure the majority overall feeling is negative right now, maybe it's not through the roof with enthusiasm, however. I think the negative viewers are just louder right now, not necessarily that there's more of them.

+This

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
deuce said:
URGatorBait;n54455 said:

+This
Disagree you boys, sorry. The fanbase is still in the pits. Going to take a lot more to pull us out of it.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
deuce said:
URGatorBait;n54455 said:

+This
A win tomorrow would do wonders for the fan base.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.