The Oxrageous Podcast Post-Game Thoughts ZOMG!

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've been to, I guess, 50 home games. I have never heard the swamp like that. It was every down. If their QB tried to change the play, it went up more decibels. 3rd downs were insane. My brain was rattling during that goal line stance. Even during commercial timeouts was deafening. The crowd noise truly messed with them.... ALOT. I am not certain of the protocol on the seats I was in.... But we didnt sit down the entire game.

Griers stats during the last 5 quarters are incredible.

Although the defense was truly amazing, the thing that I liked the most about the whole game was Mac didnt take his foot off the gas. It was what... 28-3.... and we're still slinging it around trying to actually score more points.

It's 1 am and I just got home and put my family in bed... And I just poured some wine and started watching the recording of this game. I'm freaking pumped.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I forgot to add... Like 5 minutes into the game, maybe even the 1st commercial timeout.... They brought a family out to the field and their daddy was in the service in Afganistan and he was doing a video tribute. The crowd was cheering and it was loud. And then the dad ran out if the tunnel. The dude's son a crying his eyes out. My wife is bawling. The crowd went insane. Maybe that set something special into the crowd tonight... I dont know. But something was magical.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
Great podcast Ox! Now let us revel in our faith... That we "told you so!"... Of course the Gators are back. The Swamp is back!! Go Gators!!

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I want to mention that I called it too. Yes I told you so. In fact, we would have shut the bums out if it hadn't have been for two penalty aided scores. We kicked their asses and it was no fluke. It was sweet, sweet, sweet. Great podcast.

Oh and let me add this. I know I shouldn't write it. I know I'm beating the proverbial dead horse. But what a difference a coach makes! On that last drive before the half, just imagine the Chump in that situation. 'nuff said. :deadhorse:

G8RNTN

Proud Gator on RockyNot
Sep 25, 2015
Love your podcasts, and I agree 100 percent. Everything has improved and its great to see the guys have confidence and fun out there. Gators winning and UT sucking it up makes life even better here in Tennessee. Btw im TN G8r's son.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I'm glad we have The Swamp and the fans back. Winning cures everything but I have to tell you win or lose the way that this team plays makes it fun to be a fan again.

I'd take this year, no matter what happens, over that unwatchable 11-win 2012 season every year.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
G8RNTN;n290615 said:
Love your podcasts, and I agree 100 percent. Everything has improved and its great to see the guys have confidence and fun out there. Gators winning and UT sucking it up makes life even better here in Tennessee. Btw im TN G8r's son.

Welcome aboard!
:chomp:

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
bradgator2;n290570 said:
I've been to, I guess, 50 home games. I have never heard the swamp like that. It was every down. If their QB tried to change the play, it went up more decibels. 3rd downs were insane. My brain was rattling during that goal line stance. Even during commercial timeouts was deafening. The crowd noise truly messed with them.... ALOT. I am not certain of the protocol on the seats I was in.... But we didnt sit down the entire game.

Griers stats during the last 5 quarters are incredible.

Although the defense was truly amazing, the thing that I liked the most about the whole game was Mac didnt take his foot off the gas. It was what... 28-3.... and we're still slinging it around trying to actually score more points.

It's 1 am and I just got home and put my family in bed... And I just poured some wine and started watching the recording of this game. I'm freaking pumped.

It was INSANE. Once we caught on that they were running a no huddle in an attempt to take advantage of lulls in crowd noise between plays, we didn't allow for any lulls. My voice is shot, but it was worth it to help the D keep those guys totally rattled and off balance. And our guys were just feeding off that energy and gave it everything they had. What effort.

This is what it will take to make the Swamp the greatest home field advantage in college ball again: a team and fans who are OUT OF THEIR MINDS for the whole game. Neither the team nor the fans ever let up. Ole Miss never had a chance.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
One thing I haven't seen mentioned is how Mac makes sure to comment on the atmosphere of the Swamp every time he's interviewed on the field. He is selling it to recruits and keeping the fans pumped up at the same time. He also makes sure to temper expectations when asked, but you know he's not doing that with the kids...he has them believing they can accomplish anything through hard work throughout the week leading up to the games.The guy might come across as folksy but he's no dummy. Loving this hire more and more every week.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n290582 said:
I forgot to add... Like 5 minutes into the game, maybe even the 1st commercial timeout.... They brought a family out to the field and their daddy was in the service in Afganistan and he was doing a video tribute. The crowd was cheering and it was loud. And then the dad ran out if the tunnel. The dude's son a crying his eyes out. My wife is bawling. The crowd went insane. Maybe that set something special into the crowd tonight... I dont know. But something was magical.

They showed that on the broadcast when they came back from commercial. That was really awesome to see.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What coach could have his team so prepped & primed with the flu bug disrupting practice so much ?

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
oxking;n290608 said:
I want to mention that I called it too. Yes I told you so. In fact, we would have shut the bums out if it hadn't have been for two penalty aided scores. We kicked their asses and it was no fluke. It was sweet, sweet, sweet. Great podcast.

Oh and let me add this. I know I shouldn't write it. I know I'm beating the proverbial dead horse. But what a difference a coach makes! On that last drive before the half, just imagine the Chump in that situation. 'nuff said. :deadhorse:

I think we can ALL without doubt say that Chump would have lost last week for certain.
going for it 5 times?! No way Chump does that -maybe once, with 3 min. left we might have went for it.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
threatmatrix;n290790 said:
I'm glad we have The Swamp and the fans back. Winning cures everything but I have to tell you win or lose the way that this team plays makes it fun to be a fan again.

I'd take this year, no matter what happens, over that unwatchable 11-win 2012 season every year.

I had commented in another thread about this. Said something like, even in the 11-2 horseshoe up the wazzo season we never looked this good

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.