The question that Butters should be asked

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What has the Offensive Coordinator and his staff done to deserve another year?

The RB coach is the only one who should be retained.

IMO this is the only thing that could change Butters fate.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
No one will ask college coaches the tough questions. They're too scared they'll miss the free beer and pizzas that the media gets fed postgame.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
What has the Offensive Coordinator and his staff done to deserve another year?

IMO this is the only thing that could change Butters fate.
All those "Cubicle Champs" aren't bout to bite the hand that feeds them. :lol: However...most of those pus*ies are quick to throw shade at the fans...especially Dooley's limp noodle a$$!!!

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't mind seeing Skipper and Dixon retained. Nuss and Nord have to go.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nuss...nord...and Summers.
I'm on the fence about Summers. I think he's a good coach, but he has to pick up on his recruiting. I'm not sure who decides the depth chart. I know a lot of people saw promise in McCoy during the spring game. No reason it should've taken 2 injuries to get him on the field.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I'm on the fence about Summers. I think he's a good coach, but he has to pick up on his recruiting. I'm not sure who decides the depth chart. I know a lot of people saw promise in McCoy during the spring game. No reason it should've taken 2 injuries to get him on the field.
Summers is a$$ on the trail and that alone should be enough for him to be canned. To beat top tier programs you need a top tier offensive line recruits and Summers can't get them.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Heck our running game hasn't been that good either even against the crappy teams. It would be sub-standard if Scarlett didn't break some tackles.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
None of those asswipes you guys are mentioning are going anywhere.

Get used to Nuss' sht playcalling, nords interesting as wallpaper routine and summers oline futility.

They ain't going anywhere. Mac likes em and thinks we're right were we need to be. That's the real problem.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Summers is a$$ on the trail and that alone should be enough for him to be canned. To beat top tier programs you need a top tier offensive line recruits and Summers can't get them.
I shudder saying this, but I'm with Law on the OLine. You can build dominant lines with 3* guys. Guys like Jawaan Taylor, Fred Johnson and Tyler Jordan are three guys that come to mind. Heck McCoy was a 2*. Ivey is a 5* and Sharpe was a high 4* and they have the weekest side of the line. To be honest, Sharpe may be our worst starter on the line. I hope he does go to the draft, because that's the only way they'll take him out of the lineup.

The problem I have with Summers' recruiting isn't the lack of 4 and 5 star guys. It's just the lack of trying. You need to have guys smart enough to learn the playbook and strong enough to bull through someone. If he pulls in three quality OT's, he should stay. Anything short of that, dump his old ass.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Why? Did you see all the missed blocks the RB's had last night? He'll, Callaway even pointed out who was blitzing and they still missed it.

Other than Rumph, they can all go.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I guess because he seems to be the best of the lot and there has to be some transitional person to bridge the gap.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Straightforward question complicated by lousy execution at the quarterback position, which may give Mac false reason to think he can excuse Nussmeier for equally lousy playcalling. Winning the SEC East back to back and next year being the salvage year for the head coach further complicates things.

Bottom line: Nussmeier calls the plays and coaches the quarterbacks. He's failed at both. Mac needs to nut up but I doubt he does. Bringing in a new coordinator would, in his my mind, comprise more risk than the status quo. This is not a good situation at all.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Let me add this. You can look at the awful quarterback play from two points of view. Either the coaching was terrible or the talent was utterly lacking, making the coaching input negligible. Now imagine Mac, who recruited these guys, and Nussmeier trying to work in tandem through this conundrum.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Let's be very, very clear and not sugar coat this in anyway:

Summers is a TERRIBLE OL coach.

Did anyone not get that? He's been here 3 years and the OL is 1600 pounds of mashed up azsholes! No other way to put it. FSU just handed our OL it's fat aszes on a platter. They stand around, get no push, are out of position, don't know who to block, and plain stink. This has been a pattern since the guy arrived under Muschamp. Why he was retained? Who the hell knows. Tack on the fact he can't recruit and it's a no brainer.

Summers, Nord, and Nussmeir need walking papers asap. If McElwain retains Summers and Nord he's literally done at UF. He can't win at an SEC level with those two. Sure, he'll win a game or two he shouldn't....but he'll get blown out by teams that shouldn't be blowing us out either. It's Will Muschamp all over again. And guess who hired Summers?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
No one will ask college coaches the tough questions. They're too scared they'll miss the free beer and pizzas that the media gets fed postgame.

I have been to a variety of presser's in my lifetime and all I have ever seen being tossed around were softballs. And with the history of guys like Buddy Martin and pat dooley and robbie andreu, etc.and other non knowledegable football junkies around here, what else would you expect?

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Mac is coach who was the supposed Offense reviver. Cant blame OC for it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator