The Rays are dead

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not signing Joe Maddon to an extension is just crazy!

Maddon will have his pick of any coaching job that opens up....

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe not on this Board.

:facepalm:

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Who in their right mind would want to coach a team in that dump of a facility? The Rays have gone as far as they can unfortunately.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
deuce coupe;n90152 said:
Not signing Joe Maddon to an extension is just crazy!

Maddon will have his pick of any coaching job that opens up....

Maddon wanted 5 years 25 million. Double his salary.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I am not sad to see him go. Never been a fan of his by the numbers coaching style, and he doesnt allow his hitters to get into a rhythm when he is constantly messing with the lineup. He has been the beneficiary of a great job by the front office and farm system. Hopefully this will prompt them to finally get rid of our awful hittting coach as well. On the plus side it doesnt take much to be a good baseball manager. Set a lineup and find a way to keep the guys motivated the whole season and you are god to go.

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
I'd say he is probably a towp 5 manager in the game. The Rays give up their best talent year in and year out, yet he has they competing in a division with two of the biggest names in all of sports.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
g8trs99;n90459 said:
I'd say he is probably a towp 5 manager in the game. The Rays give up their best talent year in and year out, yet he has they competing in a division with two of the biggest names in all of sports.

I don't think they have given up much. Every time they give something up they get a good bunch of young players in return, and the guys they let go in free agency end up being washed up. Pena, Upton, and Crawford come to mind. The front office has been masterful in that regard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.