The Real Spring Practice Thread

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thank God Foley McScrooge isn't controlling the spend anymore and Stricklin is willing to put money to the team.
I don't know that this is true. Foley was sitting right next to Stricklin at the basketball game on Saturday and he was in his ear constantly.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Attendance

Not to pick nits, but those "attendance" figures are bogus. They may represent ticket "sales" but I kinda' doubt that too. I went to the games. There were ALWAYS thousands of empty seats. This trend dates back to the Muschamp years. Other than for a few big games, the game long electric atmosphere of The Swamp has been severely lacking for quite a while.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know that this is true. Foley was sitting right next to Stricklin at the basketball game on Saturday and he was in his ear constantly.
Whether it's Fooley pulling the puppet strings or not doesn't really matter. The recent asst coach hirings and lack of support staff hirings tells us clearly that nothing has changed.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Whether it's Fooley pulling the puppet strings or not doesn't really matter. The recent asst coach hirings and lack of support staff hirings tells us clearly that nothing has changed.

North Texas and FAU not good enough for you or something......wake up, it's the new norm....

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

I don't know for sure but I bet many Bull Gators and the administration don't want massive debt on the Athletic Department as several other major universities have. So it might not matter who the AD is, and blaming an individual for following the conservative financial policies that his bosses want is foolish.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know for sure but I bet many Bull Gators and the administration don't want massive debt on the Athletic Department as several other major universities have. So it might not matter who the AD is, and blaming an individual for following the conservative financial policies that his bosses want is foolish.

You are either in the game or out....like there are no partial pregnancies.......

Foley needs to move to Vermont.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The athletic department turns a large profit every year. The reason that we have debt is the same reason that virtually every major company has debt. When you can get a better return on investment than your cost of debt, you borrow money.

But the real issue is the prioritization of the spending. We spend way more than our peers on non revenue sports and we are kicking our peers' tails in those sports. We spend way less than our peers on football and we are getting our tails kicked.

We could get away with overspending on the non revenue sports a decade ago because we had so much more money than everyone else. The landscape has changed and even schools like Vanderbilt are collecting $40 million a year in revenue sharing from the league based on TV contracts. We have to change too if we want to compete.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member

A large portion of the Bull Gator contingent just wants to win, and maybe move the football a little when doing so. A lot, not all, could give a crap less about fringe sports.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A large portion of the Bull Gator contingent just wants to win, and maybe move the football a little when doing so. A lot, not all, could give a crap less about fringe sports.
No he is right. Most Bullgators dont care about winning they just want a way to prove their fiscal conservatism. Joining UAA is a better way to do than than becoming a CPA.

It is perfectly logical.

Last edited:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
No he is right. Most Bullgators dont care about winning they just want away to prove their fiscal conservatism.

It is perfectly logical.
giphy.gif

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

How do you know this? Objective evidence? Or just opinion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator