Status
Not open for further replies.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I saw one guy with 11k followers saying that Durkin may be a near lock for his staff if he goes to Jax. That's some..... loyalty right there.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Bruce Feldman thinks Meyer turns down coaching in the no fun league. Jags probably hire Morris or Roman because it would be the jag thing to do. Jags gonna jag.

I just listened and Feldman didn't say any of that.

However, hiring Morris or Lewis would certain be a Jag thing to do, gotta agree there.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I just listened and Feldman didn't say any of that.

Feldman said he thought it was 60/40 Meyer stayed at Fox Sports. But, he also said that he understands it is hard for a coach to stay retired. I think Khan wants Meyer and will make a hard sell. A trash coach like Morris would essentially render getting Lawrence meaningless.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Just to continue harping on this, Morris has a 21-38 record as head coach. If he was white, would he be granted any interviews? I think we all know the answer.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Jets owner Woody Johnson just came out and said that he's looking for a "full team" coach this time, not just a guy that focuses on one side of the ball - Gase evidently let his DC run the entire defense with no input at all from him. I think NFL owners are going more down this road all the time, to the "CEO" type coach who can oversee his coordinators and make the whole thing work. I think Meyer can do that.

Well that eliminates Cousin Eddie from consideration. Management not part of his DNA

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There’s an awful lot of mojo to this story for Meyer to be suddenly not interested. The Jags need a solid hire and Khan has the USD. This is the kind of splash hire that puts bodies in seats.

I think it’s gonna happen.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Getting Meyer means Khan is fed up with all of the losing. No more being a passive owner.

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm thinking they are going to go with Eric Bieniemy

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
The college game is a complete mess with NCAA in your a$$, free for all transfers, social media and now the name and likeness thing. Plus the limited CFP ruined the bowls.....Its over. If anyone can grab the cash and get out they should. Mullins is gone if he gets an offer, period end of discussion.
Which unfortunately means we are stuck with his sorry a$$.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That’s what I heard, that UF had agreed to allow Mullen to fish a week for an NFL opening in order to possibly save face. If he doesn’t get a bite, they’re cutting bait.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ken Whisenhunt was 45-51 and got a second NFL gig. And proceeded to go 3-20 before getting fired again. Pretty sure there are other white coaches who were lousy and got second/third chances. Mediocrity is not limited by race.
Do you really not know what I meant? Maybe you haven't been paying attention to current events. Get a clue.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty sure I know exactly what you mean. Just happen not to agree.
The NFL has a rule that you have to interview at least one black candidate. It's extraordinarily racist and insulting to blacks. Morris is going to be that token black candidate for several teams. Instead of keeping his dignity intact and telling them to take a flying **** at rolling donut, he goes through the motions because he thinks it will somehow help his crappy career. There's nothing right or redeeming about it.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fat Tooley knows nothing, other than what sauce stained the shirt he’s wearing.

Actually, I was referring to my source. Post #312.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Tebow is only 33. He could still suit up and play football if he wanted to. God knows he's in good enough shape to do it.
Just what he needs. A bigger platform for the swipes he takes at trask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.