The wheels are officially off in Knoxville

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
On where Tennessee job ranks thread:

Chris Low is an idiot. While we have had a rough decade, we are easily a Top 10 job in the country. It's hard to say that with the recent results of the program, but the tradition, resources, facilities, and fan base are all there for Tennessee to be elite again.

I want what this dude is smoking. It has to be excellent.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
On where Tennessee job ranks thread:

I want what this dude is smoking. It has to be excellent.
He's right on some points, but UT lacks a natural recruiting hotbed. If they get a good coach with a staff that can recruit, they would be dangerous again. So here's to keeping the Champions of life

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
https://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/279948-called-vol-fans-stfu.html

I liked this thread, because it shows every fanbase is the same. You have some pretentious jerk claiming anyone who doesn't support the current mess on the field isn't a real fan. Then he implies that the recruits are leaving and the transfers are happening because of the negativity on the message board! :lol:

We have a handful of these kinds of people on our board, too.
Gee, Ox, maybe you could do a thesis on how negativity helps recruiting.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He's right on some points, but UT lacks a natural recruiting hotbed. If they get a good coach with a staff that can recruit, they would be dangerous again. So here's to keeping the Champions of life

In the 90's they had the highest recruiting budget in the Nation. And at that time an argument could be made that they were a top 5-10 job. They lack so many natural benefits that the top jobs have.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In the 90's they had the highest recruiting budget in the Nation. And at that time an argument could be made that they were a top 5-10 job. They lack so many natural benefits that the top jobs have.
I'm not saying it's a top ten job, but he is right about things like fan base, history, etc. I also said if you get a good coach with a staff that can recruit, they will be dangerous. Also, I stated they don't have a natural recruiting hotbed. They have not had a good coach since Fulmer, so big if. Not sure what I said that you are trying to argue with.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not saying it's a top ten job, but he is right about things like fan base, history, etc. I also said if you get a good coach with a staff that can recruit, they will be dangerous. Also, I stated they don't have a natural recruiting hotbed. They have not had a good coach since Fulmer, so big if. Not sure what I said that you are trying to argue with.

Not arguing... just adding.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
https://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/279948-called-vol-fans-stfu.html

I liked this thread, because it shows every fanbase is the same. You have some pretentious jerk claiming anyone who doesn't support the current mess on the field isn't a real fan. Then he implies that the recruits are leaving and the transfers are happening because of the negativity on the message board! :lol:

We have a handful of these kinds of people on our board, too.

Pumpers=Vols

BUWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Classic

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Houston Nutt says they can still win nine games and contend in the East.

Their next game pits Jones against muschimp. Kind of like a bad coaches' hall of shame game.

There's a reason why ut is routinely the darling of the offseason based on their "strong finish". By the 3rd weekend in October, they've played us, uga, Alabama, and often an OOC Power 5 game. After that it's all downhill. If you look at the rest of their schedule, there's really only game that they should lose. If he can keep his team from completely collapsing with the bye week, and beat Usce, they'll probably finish with 8 wins. Much to the chagrin of the fans, that may buy him another year. If 4 losses with his best overall team wasn't enough to get him canned last year, I'm not sure how they make that move with the same record this year, especially with the buyout being what it is.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
TN Schedule:

Vs GT 42-41 2OT Win
Vs Indiana State 42-7 Win
@FLA 26-20 LOSS
Vs UMass 17-13 Win
Vs UGA 41-0 LOSS
-------- Currently 3-2 (0-2)
Vs USCe << Could go either way, I'm going to say LOSS
@ AL << Absolute A$$ Pounding LOSS
@UK << UK wins at home LOSS
Vs S. Miss << Could go either way, but let's say TN pulls the upset at home Win
@ MIZZ << Could go either way, I'll call it TN, Win
Vs LSU << Could go either way, but I'll believe LSU holds at home LOSS
Vs Vandy << Vandy, no doubt Vandy LOSS
------- Finishes 5-7 (1-7)

Yes, the back half of their schedule is weak, but I really believe this TN team is going to fold like a paper cup. Too many games will be 'could go either way' and this team has lost most of it's soul. Boosters are going to have a hard decision on spending $9m to replace him or take another year while recruits are jumping ship.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alabama
Ohio State
Michigan
USCw
Texas
Penn State
Florida
Georgia
Clemson
Oklahoma
Notre Dame
LSU

I just listed 12 jobs better than Tennessee and this may not be the full list. It is funny how half the fan bases in America seem to believe that their school is a top ten job.

So who does Tennessee believe they rank ahead of on this list?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator