This year's basketball team - who do you like, and why?

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I ask, because I've loved watching Robinson last year and this year. I get that he's not a starter for a reason, but I just enjoy watching his effort on the court. I'm loving Allen coming in as a Freshman and lighting things up. But there is something about a kid who may not be the best, but busts his ass on every play that endears him to me.

There are some fans who bemoan certain players (Hill turns the ball over too much, etc). But who on the squad do you LIKE? What do you enjoy seeing the player do for the team?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
This team is fun to watch overall with all the size and athleticism, but DFS is clearly the MVP, not only for his team leading stats, but for his leadership. That leadership is what gives this talented but young squad an outside chance of making a lot of noise in March.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
China is taking away our recruits..at least according to Trump.

I've seen some vast improvement with Chiozza, and I like Leon. But, as Nav said I too like them all. Except when they can't hit the broadside of a barn.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
We need to build a wall around Florida to ensure that our recruits don't leave the state.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I guess Allen has been the funnest to watch. It's been fun to watch this team grow as a whole.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I have to go with DFS and Egbunu. When the big man stays out of foul trouble he is quite a presence inside

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
DFS, even before last Saturday. Sure, he's had trouble being the vocal leader of this team, but he just wasn't comfortable functioning that way. A few games ago White gave him the okay to just be himself and lead by example and that has been working great. What he did during the WV fracas before the game on Saturday shows that he IS the leader of this team and apparently became vocal in the huddle before tipoff. This is what Chorizo had to say about it: “Dorian got on us before the game. 'Don't let them come into our house and punk us like that.' He was fired up.”

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I am a bit disappointed in Egbunu's "big-man" performance so far. Of course, I bet he
hasn't been playing basketball since he was 8 years old.??

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Allen, DFS, and Robinson. I also really like how BFR can play...really hope we saw the real BFR on Saturday!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I like this team overall. Hill is basically a bust, but the rest of the team is starting to gel. Chiozza I like, but I'd like for him to improve his outside shooting. Leon is a nice surprise along with Allen coming in. Egbunu reminds me of Patrick Young a bit. He lacks that explosion going up, must be a muscle bound thing. Robinson seems to be maturing some over last year. Certainly better decision making, but has a ways to go. DFS started the season slow, but he's coming on.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I have really enjoyed watching Chiozza run the point. He does a fantastic job of distributing the ball. Allen has been a huge addition for this team with his ability to finish and shoot the ball. I have enjoyed watching Leon as he has been a surprise to me. He plays hard and his ability to shoot is a bonus.

Obviously DFS is good to watch, especially the way he aggressively rebounds the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator