Thoughts going forward and on the Missouri game?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Missed FG, fumble on half yard line easily a 50 point game. Eliminate the procedure penalties easily a 60 point game.

aka

I Deliver
Lifetime Member
We won big. It wasn't pretty and only so fun considering the sloppiness. We can do much better, but will we ever? Or is this just who we are? I like winning and get tired of the complaining. I can only control me so I'll just enjoy winning.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Well, to my surprise I expected to return from the game and see on here that everyone would think we were great by looking at the score and the stat sheet. Well it appears many of you saw the same thing I saw. The offensive line is horrendous, that is why we can't run the ball for shyt until the defense is gassed. LDR was on his A$$ early and often b/c we were whiffing on D-linemen and LB's coming free. Our O-line is horrendous at communication, assiggnment football etc. Yes, Mizzou has a few good defensive players, but if you want to be an above average team, you have to be able to block a Mizzou team early in the game. And it appeared the game plan was to throw deep early and often and also to throw into double coverage a s much as possible. For the love of anything, how many times is LDR going to throw into double coverage in one game?

Now for Mac and his typical incompetence. We get 1st and goal on the 5 yd. line and what do we do? Instead of getting a good play called and everyone on the same page, he wants us to go super hurry up b/c he knows we can't just whip the other team straight up. Well that resulted in 1 of our 33 false start penalties we had in the game. As I have said since last year, we are the most mentally weak and fundamentally unsound team I watch on a weekly basis. And lastly once again Mac shows he can't manage the simplest things. We score in the late 3rd Q, to go up 26-7 or 19 points and the moron goes for 2. Forget the card. Being up 20 or 21 at that point is the same for this reason. Simple math says that you can't get to 20 points with 3 possessions without scoring 3 TD's. However you can get to 19 points in 3 possessions WITHOUT scoring 3 TD's. Way to early to chase that 1 point in that situation. simple math!!!! It does not matter that it probably was not going to matter. What matters is the process and you have to always coach like it is going to be a factor.

Swamp Donkey

7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Nusschamp is going no where. He and Mac are OLD friends. Moreover it wouldnt matter if he did. Nusschamp just runs Macs offense and serves as his eyes. We are seeing Mac's offense, it just looked better with 35 five stars running it at Bammer.

LDR is going no where. AA will spell him some. Franks is going to redshirt and Trash is fourth string and falling.

Next year is worse.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
BTW, if we had not SHYT the bed against UT, we basically we have already qualified for the SEC CG. However b/c we SHYT the bed and continue to look below mediocre I expect 2 more SEC losses. Would love to be a pumper but my 2 eyes with clear vision (even thru today's rain) tell me otherwise.

oxrageous

It's Good to be King
Administrator
Mac is making his hay on the weak and feeble.
Well, if you look at our schedule that's all I see. UGA is a dumpster fire. I'm watching LSU struggle at home to Southern Miss - they look like a joke. The wheels have come off for FSU.

Honestly, our toughest game looks like Arkansas. The schedule is a joke and we're going to win more games than we have any business winning.

Homer J

Lifetime Member
Ok, some of this is hard to read. You are all talking about a QB that just started his 4th game. Sorry he is not a Heisman winner already.

I too thinks he makes a lot of stupid thows but at least he throws on time and doesn't hold the ball until he is sacked. I've seen Treon and Appleby and I am much happier with LDR.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Can anyone explain why the 5th string RB is playing meaningful downs? This coaching staff is lost. This offense is a disaster. Anyone who thinks LDR is better than AA is full retard. But....enjoy the big win! Only one more home game this season....

rogdochar

RIP
Lifetime Member
Ok, some of this is hard to read. You are all talking about a QB that just started his 4th game. Sorry he is not a Heisman winner already.

I too thinks he makes a lot of stupid thows but at least he throws on time and doesn't hold the ball until he is sacked. I've seen Treon and Appleby and I am much happier with LDR.

Well said ... and could add that LDR can sharpen up over the bye week practices and against teams our
defense will suffocate somewhat. But he better effectively focus and achieve just that.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Can anyone explain why the 5th string RB is playing meaningful downs? This coaching staff is lost. This offense is a disaster. Anyone who thinks LDR is better than AA is full retard. But....enjoy the big win! Only one more home game this season....
No clue on how much Herndon was in the game, much less how many plays were designed to go to him. The only thing that crossed my mind besides our coaches being idiots is because it was homecoming. Add in the fact that Powell was back there a few times and it was 6 in the rotation.

Gator Fever

I would hope a QB around as long as him could perform better against that defense. He played reckless as hell. throwing into good coverage regularly is not better than taking a sack here and there.

soflagator

Lifetime Member

I agree fully that the RB rotation makes zero sense. The idea of a humble walk-on getting in their good graces over more talented players makes you wonder if this is why we're struggling in recruiting. Yes kids have egos and will have their moments that make you shake your head at the opportunity that they've been given, but you have to move past that and be willing to be flexible. The rotation should obviously be JS, JC/LP, MT. Herndon should be upset that the Presbyterian game was waived. No knock in him, but he's not at the caliber of this who are standing on the sidelines while he's playing. The whole things drives me insane.

Not sure on LDR vs AA. If we're going to roll the dice, I'd almost rather us go with Franks or Trask.

All that said, we could still win out in the SEC, which is crazy.

alcoholica

I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
I'm not going to defend LDR, but he's the starter for a reason. I think AA is more talented, but as the UT game showed, he doesn't know the offense well enough get the right play called. I do like that LDR tries to go down field more often, I just wish it wasn't into double coverage, and he could throw it a half second sooner so he would not underthrow everything.

Gator Fever

I'm not going to defend LDR, but he's the starter for a reason. I think AA is more talented, but as the UT game showed, he doesn't know the offense well enough get the right play called. I do like that LDR tries to go down field more often, I just wish it wasn't into double coverage, and he could throw it a half second sooner so he would not underthrow everything.

Appleby isn't good himself but I have a feeling we will probably wish he was in there when LDR goes on the road against LSU and Arkansas. Look for very bad things to happen in those games unless he really turns it around quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator