Tim buys a home in Jacksonville

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n14379 said:
Overall, not a bad looking place, although a few things seem a little odd in the design choices. But that's obviously not his doing. I mean, whoever picked this carpet out for a game room needs to be shot!

So now that the media has made it so easy to find the address.....how long before we hear a story about you stalking him? :hehehe:

jk..

As an aside like Ox said, it's a large house, but I'd hesitate to call that a "mansion". Though the term Mansion is really more about the homes stature than its technical square footage.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n14429 said:
Not a mansion, and no pool. View is okay, but for a buck.4, come on...
I actually agree. A 1.4 million dollar house in Florida with no pool? :crazy:

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator;n14273 said:
Happy for him. I am still holding out hope he will get a spot in the NFL.
I'd probably give up on that if i were you...it's ok that he didn't make it

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n14579 said:
I'd probably give up on that if i were you...it's ok that he didn't make it
You honestly believe he doesn't have a roster spot in the NFL because of his abilities? Take a look at the list of backup QB's in the NFL and try to keep a straight face.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n14581 said:
You honestly believe he doesn't have a roster spot in the NFL because of his abilities? Take a look at the list of backup QB's in the NFL and try to keep a straight face.
I didn't say anything close to that...i just said you should probably give up hope of an NFL future and that's ok. He seems to be doing quite well for himself with other things at the moment.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n14584 said:
I didn't say anything close to that...i just said you should probably give up hope of an NFL future and that's ok. He seems to be doing quite well for himself with other things at the moment.

I'm curious, with his abilities, you'd think he could have found a spot on the field somewhere. Do you guys think that he's being pushed out of the league, or do you think he only wants to be a starting QB, and isn't really willing to take on another position? I say the second part knowing that he's publicly expressed that he'd do whatever it takes for a team, but he wouldn't be the first to say one thing, and then do another.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:
-THE DUDE-;n14584 said:

I'm curious, with his abilities, you'd think he could have found a spot on the field somewhere. Do you guys think that he's being pushed out of the league, or do you think he only wants to be a starting QB, and isn't really willing to take on another position? I say the second part knowing that he's publicly expressed that he'd do whatever it takes for a team, but he wouldn't be the first to say one thing, and then do another.
He also has said he will not take another position other than quarterback. Which contridicts his will do anything to make a team.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:
-THE DUDE-;n14584 said:

I hadn't heard him publicly say that he wouldn't take another position. And perhaps his position has changed over the years. Initially he came across with the do anything attitude, though it obviously didn't turn out that way. Which is somewhat disappointing because there could have been more opportunity to provide for the good things he does do outside of football.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:
-THE DUDE-;n14584 said:

He would have been a great H-back, Tight End, but he has stated he wants to be a quaterback. He has also turned down contracts from the Canadian Football League and Arena league to play quarterback.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:
-THE DUDE-;n14584 said:

Well the arena league offer is an obvious turn down. Those guys don't get paid much at all. I agree he would have been good in other positions.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n14588 said:
I think he only wants to be a starting QB

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE- said:
URGatorBait;n14588 said:
I think he only wants to be a starting QB
Just qb, at least to my knowledge never specified starting.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think he wants another position, but I absolutely believe he would take a job in the NFL as a QB backup. I have never gotten the impression it's a "I start or else" mentality. Obviously he wouldn't have tried to make the New England Patriots if that was the case.

Personally I'm glad for him that's he not in the NFL getting attacked personally every time the camera pans over him. It was disgusting.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n14643 said:
I don't think he wants another position, but I absolutely believe he would take a job in the NFL as a QB backup. I have never gotten the impression it's a "I start or else" mentality. Obviously he wouldn't have tried to make the New England Patriots if that was the case.

Personally I'm glad for him that's he not in the NFL getting attacked personally every time the camera pans over him. It was disgusting.

Perhaps that was part of the problem. Even when it was certain that he was the back up....the media hacks would do nothing but create hysteria about it.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I think the media forced him out. Tebow had the ability to be a backup in the league, and maybe even a starter. (I bet Jacksonville would win more than 2 games and fill a lot more seats if he was). However, a lot of teams simply did not want the distraction in their locker room, not because of Tim but because of the media hysteria that followed him.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n14644 said:
Perhaps that was part of the problem. Even when it was certain that he was the back up....the media hacks would do nothing but create hysteria about it.

I still believe the best thing for his career is if he got drafted behind an established starter and was forced to learn for a couple of years. No one would be calling for him over Brady, Manning, and a few others. Let him learn to play the position on an NFL level.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n14658 said:
I still believe the best thing for his career is if he got drafted behind an established starter and was forced to learn for a couple of years. No one would be calling for him over Brady, Manning, and a few others. Let him learn to play the position on an NFL level.

I would tend to agree, but I have to believe that Brady is on the downhill.

Manning should be too, but he also put up really good numbers last year. I would have prefered that Denver find a way to keep Tebow, and let him fly under Mannings wing for 2-3 years. But they didn't do that, so that option is void, and likely won't occur at this point anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator