Tim Tebow to appear on HGTV show 'Fixer Upper' on Tuesday night

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I can’t stand the cult who thinks he was blackballed from the NFL for being religious. He just wasn’t a good NFL QB, and he’s not a good baseball player. Get over it. He’s still one of the best, if not THE best people in sports today. Hell, if some of you who claim to be so religious spent a fraction of the time he does making a difference in the world, it’d be a better place with far less hypocrisy.
Screw you.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I can’t stand the cult who thinks he was blackballed from the NFL for being religious. He just wasn’t a good NFL QB, and he’s not a good baseball player. Get over it. He’s still one of the best, if not THE best people in sports today. Hell, if some of you who claim to be so religious spent a fraction of the time he does making a difference in the world, it’d be a better place with far less hypocrisy.

Actually, there’s a decent size of us who spend time trying to make a difference in the world, but it doesn’t make the front page. It does nothing for the ratings...

However, I will readily admit there are plenty of the “religious” crowd who talk a good game with no actions. And yet, there’s a large crowd of people who point out that hypocrisy and don’t do anything other than point fingers. You can find good and bad in pretty much every statistical category of humans around the globe. The best thing we can all do is start with honest self evaluation and a willingness to improve.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
As for the OP...

I watch a little HGTV, but prefer DIY - Lakefront Bargain Hunt, Barnwood Builders, Stonehouse Revival, etc. Looking for ideas and dreaming of the day when my wife and I can find our permanent home (probably 4-5 yrs away). Hard to do home improvements when you can’t stick around to enjoy it. Someday soon I hope to have the workshop full of man tools to do a ton of cool projects.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Hell, if some of you who claim to be so religious spent a fraction of the time he does making a difference in the world, it’d be a better place with far less hypocrisy.

Like less hypocrisy than you sass coaching others on their religious expression?
Anyway, we can't say Tim "nailed it" on that show.??

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Just watched the show. Tebow is one heck of a person. My wife said, why can't more people be like him?

Tebow is actually the second Heisman winner to work with them. Robert Griffin III helped them completely redo a house for an aged and disabled Viet Nam War veteran and his wife. I think the house was originally about 600 sq ft, they expanded it to about 1800, made it accessible and made a nice gathering area in the back yard. It was a real tear-jerker at the end watching their family gather. Sadly, his wife died before the show was aired.

Love the show, Love Tebow. Love watching him interact with the special needs kids.

He’s been heroic with Garrett Leopold, son of my sister’s best childhood friend. Garrett had 2 heart transplants before 18 and has spent too much of his life at Shands. Tebow has kept up with him since they met in the hospital 10+ years ago, calls to check on him, flew him up for an Eagles preseason game, etc.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Tebow is actually the second Heisman winner to work with them. Robert Griffin III helped them completely redo a house for an aged and disabled Viet Nam War veteran and his wife. I think the house was originally about 600 sq ft, they expanded it to about 1800, made it accessible and made a nice gathering area in the back yard. It was a real tear-jerker at the end watching their family gather. Sadly, his wife died before the show was aired.

Love the show, Love Tebow. Love watching him interact with the special needs kids.

He’s been heroic with Garrett Leopold, son of my sister’s best childhood friend. Garrett had 2 heart transplants before 18 and has spent too much of his life at Shands. Tebow has kept up with him since they met in the hospital 10+ years ago, calls to check on him, flew him up for an Eagles preseason game, etc.

Thanks for the great story, Theo! That’s a great answer to the doubters who asks “yeah, but what’s he like when the cameras aren’t rolling?” So glad Timmy is a Gator!!!

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016

Wow. Thanks for posting that, Theo. I haven't heard or read that specific account anywhere else. It really sounds like Tim takes a genuine interest in the people he makes contact with. I'm proud to have him as a fellow Gator. As much as I like Sas, I can't understand his attacks on Tim. What's up with that?

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Thanks for the great story, Theo! That’s a great answer to the doubters who asks “yeah, but what’s he like when the cameras aren’t rolling?” So glad Timmy is a Gator!!!

I was walking into Shands one day and Garrett’s mom stopped me and asked, “Are you (my name)?” I hadn’t seen her for 30+ years. So I went up with her to meet Garrett. He’s a great kid, takes all of his medical nightmares in stride.

Another story.

A neighbor of mine adopted a special needs 4-year-ild boy who wound up in Shands’ pediatric unit. I went to see him. His dad, zero football interest, knew I was a big Gator fan and told me a player had come to see them. “Super nice guy” he said. I prodded him for the name & he said “Tim something”. “Tebow?” I asked. “That’s it!”

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.