Ok, I'm out.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Caveat: Didn't read the link.

Time depends on movement. If there is no movement, time has essentially stopped.

Alex.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Time, as we use it, is a measurement of duration from a common starting point. That's why they have keep counting. Conceptually, the shortest duration we could measure is the time it takes for light to traverse the smallest particle we can discern. But TIME is not an inherent physical parameter. Physics happens with or without our observation of duration.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
aint nobody got time for that GIF

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hey Quickdraw...even in relative terms, 2.7 seconds is not "lots of time".

Alex.
Well this thread went well.

I thought someone would comment on Chanda … a theoretical physicist and a theoretical feminist who hates capitalism.

1671227416567.jpeg

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Time, as we use it, is a measurement of duration from a common starting point. That's why they have keep counting. Conceptually, the shortest duration we could measure is the time it takes for light to traverse the smallest particle we can discern. But TIME is not an inherent physical parameter. Physics happens with or without our observation of duration.
If I can reach your level of comprehension I agree. I do not see time as a phenomenon except noticing change. The pov is outside the ‘universe’.

I see as a constant regardless of my perception. A body may go to zero Kelvin but others will not. Things will still change. Same with high or low gravity wells. No?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Speaking of time, anyone watched the show Manifest? That’s some trippy shît

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.