TN in the Sugar Bowl?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Many TN fans seem to think they are almost assured to get the Sugar Bowl bid if we lose our last 2 games and Bama isn't upset by Auburn.

That just sounds crazy to me. Could that actually happen?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sound judgement has not been one of TN's greater attributes. I assume anything could happen but with an FSU win alone UF gets at least the Sugar.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Many TN fans seem to think they are almost assured to get the Sugar Bowl bid if we lose our last 2 games and Bama isn't upset by Auburn.

Sure...... Probably

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sound judgement has not been one of TN's greater attributes. I assume anything could happen but with an FSU win alone UF gets at least the Sugar.

Yep. It just seems crazy they could get a Sugar Bowl bid with only 1 decent win all year even if we lost to FSU.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
There's a good chance. Bowl games are garbage to me, so I don't care. Unless we make the playoffs, I just prefer Mac to treat the game like an NFL preseason game. Get the young guys, the ones who didn't redshirt, and play them. Wilson, Tabor, and anyone going pro shouldn't play a down.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

If the Sugar Bowl doesn't get the SEC champion they can choose the best money match-up.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty sure the rule is if the SEC champion is in the playoffs, the next highest ranked team in the playoff rankings goes to the Sugar Bowl.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Pretty sure the rule is if the SEC champion is in the playoffs, the next highest ranked team in the playoff rankings goes to the Sugar Bowl.
Well the media has been suckin the vols off all season, so it wouldn't shock me a bit if they ranked them higher than us.

Edit: If we have the same amount of losses.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yep. It just seems crazy they could get a Sugar Bowl bid with only 1 decent win all year even if we lost to FSU.
And I think that could be a SEC/Big 10 Matchup, hmmmmm.

I think you are spot on there Sas.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016

Oh god. This is a HUGE deal for this pathetic fanbase I'm sure. The opportunity to win another meaningless game so they can lift a meaningless trophy and win the preseason national championship next year...again.

I actually CAN'T WAIT for the Tennessee end of the season hype so I can enjoy watching it as it comes crashing down mid-season next year. It's one joke that, for me, never gets old.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I am not sure on that rule but I guess they might end up the highest ranked team after Bama in that scenario since they didn't have a late loss. Maybe A&M could pass them with a win over LSU.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
There's a good chance. Bowl games are garbage to me, so I don't care. Unless we make the playoffs, I just prefer Mac to treat the game like an NFL preseason game. Get the young guys, the ones who didn't redshirt, and play them. Wilson, Tabor, and anyone going pro shouldn't play a down.

Sorry Dude, I cannot disagree more. Lot more I guess I could say but I just barfed my breakfast after reading this.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

This is the worst idea ever. We did that last year and how did it help our team? It did not. It hurt recruiting. Play to win the freaking game. Mac can't lose out again. I hate this garbage loser mentality.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It seems its only the CFP committee that has TN ranked so high not the coaches and media. They have A&M over them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.