To replace the windshield or not?

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Wait until you see the f vcking you're going to get on this years renewal....you'll be cursing those door to door scam artist roof salesmen...:lol:
We caught one hammering “hail hits” on a roof. Then we saw two get in a fight on top of a roof trying to keep the other from stealing their client.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I believe it. I once had them tell me to write the estimate of a damaged hardwood floor by the board. The floor was older than me and could in no way be matched without sanding and refinishing everything yet they would only pay for the damaged boards

My BIL had a total loss in a house fire. Even though they made him whole again with a complete rebuild and replaced EVERY.SINGLE.THING that was obvious, it was still about $50,000 less than the coverage amount that he paid for. They don’t just write you a check. An adjuster came in and counted the pairs of underwear, numbers of shoes, socks, chapstick in the bedside drawer etc. Then BIL had to keep a running list of all the things he could think of like a hairbrush, paperweight, pillow, hammer etc to get any of that “extra” $50,000 that he was owed.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Revisiting this thread since the original post on 6/21. We had the ding “fixed” with Safelite and it has held. However on our Maxima we had the same fix done and within 2 months it’s cracked all over. Safelite is out replacing the whole windshield covered under insurance. We don’t get our $150 back for the fix but I wish it would have worked. Seedy had a windshield replaced once and there was a whistle at certain speeds. It was annoying and I hope this replacement doesn’t have any issues.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
Replaced several. Safelite each time. Insurance paid. Didn't see it reflected as a claim. Used USAA and Geico.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Revisiting this thread since the original post on 6/21. We had the ding “fixed” with Safelite and it has held. However on our Maxima we had the same fix done and within 2 months it’s cracked all over. Safelite is out replacing the whole windshield covered under insurance. We don’t get our $150 back for the fix but I wish it would have worked. Seedy had a windshield replaced once and there was a whistle at certain speeds. It was annoying and I hope this replacement doesn’t have any issues.
Just set your Cruse control and don't go at that speed....... :dunno:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I just had a negative experience with Safelite. The tech broke the cover on the rear-view mirror. It took two months, several calls and me ordering the part from a used rear-view mirror off eBay before it was repaired. In the process of installing the cover, the tech damaged the new XPEL tint I had installed a week earlier. It was a fiasco getting reimbursement from Safelite for all the damage their tech created. I had to call USAA, through whom I ordered the work, and complain.

To add insult to injury, the driver wiper arm came loose when I used the wipers for the first time in a while the other day (it's been unusually dry in my area). After I tightened the arm, there was a loud clicking noise when I turned on the wipers. I determined they'd been installed on the wrong side of the windshield.

Safelite repair, Safelite screw up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.