Today’s SEC out of conference games

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
As of 1:30 EST:
Toledo and UK tied
Memphis over Ole Miss

Lets track the good, bad, and ugly of SEC games. I’m really hoping for UT to be embarrassed by Georgia State.

Name and town if you wish to opine.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
As of 1:30 EST:
Toledo and UK tied
Memphis over Ole Miss

Lets track the good, bad, and ugly of SEC games. I’m really hoping for UT to be embarrassed by Georgia State.

Name and town if you wish to opine.

I guess it can be thought of as a step up that UK might overlook an opponent.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Kentucky, Mississippi State, Mississippi all struggling with their cupcakes. Not a good look for sec teams so far. On the bright side, maybe we’ll actually beat Kentucky this year!

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Kentucky, Mississippi State, Mississippi all struggling with their cupcakes. Not a good look for sec teams so far. On the bright side, maybe we’ll actually beat Kentucky this year!

Still better than most of the Pac-12 OOC so far.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Kentucky had a hard time w/ Central Michigan last year 35-20 in their opener (CMU ended up winning only 1 game all year, fired their coach, and hired Butters), so I'd take this performance w/ a grain of salt.

Memphis is a good team and they are a 6.5 point favorite, so if they win it's not an upset ("Oh, the mighty SEC team lost to Memphis!!").

Miss State is a 13.5 point fav, currently up by 14. So, about what was expected.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I was just looking at Kentucky's schedule; they play 8 home games. WTF?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Kentucky just tacked on two TDs, looks like they'll cover the spread. Toledo gave them all they wanted well into the 4th quarter, plus their starting QB got knocked out of the game.

Ole Miss is down 15-10 w/ less than 3 minutes to play.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I was just looking at Kentucky's schedule; they play 8 home games. WTF?

Isn't this a typical SEC schedule? You play 12 games. 4 conference home games and four conference road games. You play 3 maybe 4 lower level games all at home giving 8 home games or you have one home and home with UL, Clemson, GaTech or some often in state team in another power conference and in years that games is at home you have 8 home games.

Teams in the west that do not have such an in state team in another power conference might have 8 home games every year though I guess UAL and AU etc have taken to playing neutral site openers.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Isn't this a typical SEC schedule? You play 12 games. 4 conference home games and four conference road games. You play 3 maybe 4 lower level games all at home giving 8 home games or you have one home and home with UL, Clemson, GaTech or some often in state team in another power conference and in years that games is at home you have 8 home games.

Teams in the west that do not have such an in state team in another power conference might have 8 home games every year though I guess Alabama and AU etc have taken to playing neutral site openers.

I guess it is, but I was just surprised to see 8 home games. I guess every other year they'll play at Louisville, giving them 7.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I guess it is, but I was just surprised to see 8 home games. I guess every other year they'll play at Louisville, giving them 7.

Yeah this is why sometimes I am a bit of a skeptic about SEC strength. Still if I am the head coach at UMs, Miss State, Vandy, etc, I want a schedule of 4 teams I should be and then if I can go 2-6 in the SEC, I can go to a bowl. Then if I do that over a period of time, then I can think about beefing up the schedule a little bit.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Ole Miss covers the spread, losing by 5. Miss State is up by 10 w/ 1 minute and likely doesn't cover.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Not SEC, but West Virginia is losing to James Madison 7-3 at halftime.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Tennessee struggling is great!

Alabama getting all they want from.....Duke. 14-3 at the half.

I love all the other fans sitting on their high horses last week talking about how bad we looked.....and now the tables have turned.

None of the SEC teams today (so far) have looked overly dominant; Miss State didn't cover, Ole Miss got beat (but covered), Kentucky scored late to cover.

There's rumor that Matt Corral got into a fight w/ Luke.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Tennessee struggling is great!

Alabama getting all they want from.....Duke. 14-3 at the half.

I love all the other fans sitting on their high horses last week talking about how bad we looked.....and now the tables have turned.

None of the SEC teams today (so far) have looked overly dominant; Miss State didn't cover, Ole Miss got beat (but covered), Kentucky scored late to cover.

Seriously? And yes, it’s awesome that all the folks giving Florida crap are sweating it out today.

Chump in a battle with UNC too.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Chump: I’ll trust my defense and play ultra conservative offense with an 11 point lead because I’ve literally learned absolutely nothing since I was a HC at UF.
UNC: Thank you for continuing to show why you’re not qualified to be a HC.

Bar None Gator

Dec 3, 2016
Portland State just scored on Arkansas to make it within a TD with 4 min left. This one is on the watch too

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014

If true I hope Luke sits on that punk and smothers him. Glad we didn't get Corral. Has any of these California hotdog QBs ever done anything in the SEC except cause embarrassment. Think Tyler Bray.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
5h5 hours ago Sports Center

Reports are that Corral attempted to throw his helmet at Luke but he missed. RB Scottie Phillips said “Man you can’t complete anything today .” Everyone laughed . Including Coach Luke

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.