Gator Basketball Todd Golden new Florida Men's Basketball Coach; hires Taurean Green

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Yeah, I shouldn't have said Dawn should get an mRNA booster shot. That's too harsh.

What I meant to say is that she should be molested by a Special Olympics football team.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Forgot about Bonner, kev. With him as Gator coach, we could become very proud and full of hope. He is a very practical thinker. A very smart person. It just might be a good long-term Gator bond. I am bothered by the apparent unpreparedness by Stricklin. We need a quick resolution to this cornerstone vacancy.
How is recruitment and the transfer portal affected by our vacuum at the HC position.?
I fear we're going to end up with a long shot coach from a small anyway so why not bring in a talented mind that knows the program inside and out and take a chance it's not like this is football. Imo I'd rather him than Miller, not that I have anything against Miller.

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
A pox on the puppies...I can't believe their fans are even the least bit happy about the fact they replace one loser with another...AND we didn't have to pony up any more shekels to get him gone...GO Gators...:jog:

And now I have to hear about him on local media until the buttsniffers realize ooopps...

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
I'll come back when I see less delusional and idiotic posts. Dawn Staley as a consideration and too much not to like about Bennett.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I fear we're going to end up with a long shot coach from a small anyway so why not bring in a talented mind that knows the program inside and out and take a chance it's not like this is football. Imo I'd rather him than Miller, not that I have anything against Miller.
I'm thinking the same. The current VCU guy would seem like a very Fooley/Stricklin hire.
Mike Rhoades - Wikipedia :thumbdown:

Ninjax

Nov 21, 2017
This coaching search has me more nervous than the football coaching search. The way I see it, if we swing and miss on the next basketball coach, all the work that Donovan did to get this program where it is goes out the window. Florida football will always be Florida football, and even if Napier does not pan out, Florida is still an attractive job. White did just well enough to not completely destroy what Donovan did. If our next coach is another Mike White, I don't see us rebounding anytime soon. I believe winning a National Championship in basketball is much more difficult than it is in football. The pool of capable teams is far greater in basketball. If we win just one more NC in basketball, only 6 teams have ever won more. If we get another, we will be equal with Kansas and Villanova at 3. This is why this hire is so important. And even if we don't get the third anytime soon, we just can't revert to how things were prior to Donovan. What he did was once in a lifetime, we just need a coach who can build back up what White lost, and sustain the momentum, and eventually we'll get a third.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's now that we need a Sports Hypnotist on staff. It would have been a waste earlier 'cause he would have had to exhaust his time working on White. :cool:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Currently watching Wyoming vs Indiana. Wyoming stands around on O more than a Mike White team.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When is Mike Miller going to figure out he just can’t grow a beard no matter how hard he tries?

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
No Bennett please, offensive efficiency is not the same as offense. I hate when people try and pull that out. Dont want that slow, keep it close, play with discipline to win game. Too many close games and you will always get beat by superior talent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator