Gator Basketball Todd Golden new Florida Men's Basketball Coach; hires Taurean Green

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Sounds like Ox needs a little re-education

iu

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If we were looking out West for a coach, why not Randy Bennett?

To think we could have snatched up Nick Cronin. What could have been.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
A poster on tos says Bennett was willing to come for a price and we weren't willing to pay. I guess he made a counter offer or something. I have no idea if there's any validity to it. The poster seemed pretty worked up over it.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry, but that’s just wrong. Not even in town and you want to run him out? It’s not happening so you might as well give it a chance.
Go Fuchs yourself. Don’t be a Doochebag. We should have hire Eric Musselman. But whatever.

Get an Avatar Dork.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
It might be kinda nice to see what actually takes place before making a final judgement.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
We Fuched up so bad. Musselman was there but @Jay26 and @Jbossgator8 were so against it. He lost to Mike White. Blah Blah.

Dumb Asses.

Reading this post at face value, it looks like you’re suggesting Jay and Jboss are the hiring authorities. Did your dog tell you this? Or do you have a more credible source?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This hire would be laughable if it weren’t so sad. Stricklin thinks he just tabbed Billy II. What he got was played. Again.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think the gap in the teeth is the dealbreaker. That's the kind of thing that enrages people, just the sight of it.

Ninjax

Nov 21, 2017
This hire would be laughable if it weren’t so sad. Stricklin thinks he just tabbed Billy II. What he got was played. Again.

As far as I can remember, this is Florida's MO. When have we ever had a splash hire? Spurrier, Donovan, Meyer, were all up and comers and happened to work out. We have never gone after the big name that is proven. It's like the AD wants to prove to everyone they know what they are doing by finding the diamond in the rough. It's an ego trip. Only thing is, it only works 1 out of every 5 or 6 tries.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
As far as I can remember, this is Florida's MO. When have we ever had a splash hire? Spurrier, Donovan, Meyer, were all up and comers and happened to work out. We have never gone after the big name that is proven. It's like the AD wants to prove to everyone they know what they are doing by finding the diamond in the rough. It's an ego trip. Only thing is, it only works 1 out of every 5 or 6 tries.
Meyer was a huge splash. We went toe to toe with with Notre Dame and stole Urban from them. It was a big deal at the time.

Other than that, you are correct. Nothing said clunker hire like Ron Zook following Spurrier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.