Toney Update

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Powell gets kind of a bad rap. At his size you're pretty much a situational player. How many smurf sized runningbacks make it at this level? Idk why anyone would expect much more. He plays hard and he isn't telling telling any women its time to die. He also woulda benefited from actually having a qb.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Nice to put 5 good skill players on the field and just keep picking on the crappiest defenders.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Powell gets kind of a bad rap. At his size you're pretty much a situational player. How many smurf sized runningbacks make it at this level? Idk why anyone would expect much more. He plays hard and he isn't telling telling any women its time to die. He also woulda benefited from actually having a qb.
I like Powell and he is a great kid. Love his hussle, and his blocking. His heart is contagious.

However, he has very limited talent and he isnt a threat to SEC dbs. He just isnt.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I like Powell and he is a great kid. Love his hussle, and his blocking. His heart is contagious.

However, he has very limited talent and he isnt a threat to SEC dbs. He just isnt.
Exactly. I'm glad we have him though.

GatorTom85

Mar 22, 2016
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/brandon-powell-dre-massey-wide-receiver-competition

Gotta love a guy who is willing to compete and let the best man win. Powell may not be as flashy, large or physically gifted as some of his fellow receivers, but he has shown himself to be a dedicated and fearless player who has been willing to do whatever he can to help the Gators succeed. (Don't forget he was recruited as a RB and played hurt his first two years with a persistent foot injury.)

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/brandon-powell-dre-massey-wide-receiver-competition

Gotta love a guy who is willing to compete and let the best man win. Powell may not be as flashy, large or physically gifted as some of his fellow receivers, but he has shown himself to be a dedicated and fearless player who has been willing to do whatever he can to help the Gators succeed. (Don't forget he was recruited as a RB and played hurt his first two years with a persistent foot injury.)

Yeah I was noticing that to in the 2015 highlights where he was lined up next to Grier/Harris in the backfield. Lets see how this coaching staff can manage these players. This is why I think Zaire has an edge in starting, Zaire, Powell, and Scarlett in the RPO formation, with Toney in the slot, Clevaland and Callaway on the edges, This would be a matchup nightmare for any DC in any conference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.