Toney Update

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I don't mind if we're rotating our top WR's, which we have about 6 of. But if we're sitting Callaway and some walk-on is in the game like Herndon was so many times last year it's a joke.

Callaway, Cleveland, Hammond, Powell, Massey, Toney should all get touches.

But if Tucker Nordman is in and Toney is on the bench I'd fire the entire staff before the end of the game.

I agree unless we are up by several TDs and getting time for the mop up crew.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
:lmao2: "up by several TD's" :lmao2:

I seem to remember a time when we would do that to every wimp, hopefully with a decent offense those times will return. I sure want them to return and if they don't we will be getting yet another new head coach.

I am happy you were amused, but I will be happier if this year you have to swallow that laughter, I bet you would be happy too.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
'Electric' QB Kadarius Toney • Reps at Wide Receiver

Gators offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier -- about why the Gators need to find a way to get Toney the ball -- “You know, he’s an interesting guy because he can do a lot of things. One of the things when the ball is in his hand, he’s electric,” Nussmeier said. “I don’t know if there’s any real comparison, maybe a little bit similar to a Blake Sims that we had at Alabama and the things that he can do, but Kadarius is a special kid. Great, great competitor. He’s still learning everything. I think with any young player, especially playing the quarterback position, you have to be careful not to put too much on him at one point in time, but as you saw in the spring, you caught a little glimpse of the things he can do with the ball in his hands. He’s special.” Coach Jim McElwain said Toney could line up "at various positions" this season ...

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...ing-electric-qb-kadarius-toney-wide-receiver/

http://floridagators.com/news/2017/4/7/football-toney-impresses-in-Gators-debut.aspx

http://floridagators.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1032

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Powell is no James, IMO. Based on limited video of Toney, I think Toney fills that role more effectively.
I would much rather have Toney in the slot than Powell, he just seems to fall down everytime he catches the ball 5 yards down field.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I would much rather have Toney in the slot than Powell, he just seems to fall down everytime he catches the ball 5 yards down field.

That's on throws that are at his shoestrings. I remember, when the throw was shoulder high, his TD catch & run across the middle versus UT?? not sure.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
That's on throws that are at his shoestrings. I remember, when the throw was shoulder high, his TD catch & run across the middle versus UT?? not sure.
So imagine fielding a punt at his shoulders then, he has the speed to break it on every play, I just hope they find a way to put all these playmakers on field at one time

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I like Toney. I see a lot of potential. However, he doesn't have Percy's speed or anything close.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

Let's see how Massey does in the slot first. I'm all for giving Toney the ball, but let's not completely phase out Powell yet. Yes he does do down easily, but he has made some good plays for us and seems sure handed. It's good to have options finally I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator