Tony Stewart Hits and Kills a Driver

tillsb

Founding Member
The Marionette
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo said:
You steer almost any kind of dirt car with the gas. Those cars race in a constant sideways drift and are set up to do just that. You can turn the wheel all over the place in some setups and the car will just keep going straight unless you load up the front end by tapping the brakes and kicking the rear out with a **** of power.
Knowing that actually makes me want to watch these types of races and I don't watch any sport of racing.

tillsb

Founding Member
The Marionette
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Sad for the family but not shocked that somebody ended up dead because of running out in the track, I'm just surprised it doesn't happen more ofter.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n30446 said:
Some people forget they were young and dumb at times. I'm sure TheDouglas never over-reacted. O_O
This goes beyond "young and dumb". I learned not to try and attack moving cars at a much earlier age than 20, didn't you?

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n27323 said:
Yes, negligent homicide/ vol manslaughter or whatever it's called in that state. I would definitely present it to the grand jury. There will be nothing like "Oh I think I'll throw dirt on him" on the audio I'm sure. The video will pretty much be all the evidence there is.
The Ontario County DA would present it to the grand jury as well.

https://m.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/story?storyId=11538761

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n52514 said:
Just wasting taxpayer money like the Zimmerman case - zero chance to ever get any conviction on Stewart. A grand Jury will indict a ham sandwich however if the State wants them to.

Yea, ask Adrian Petersen about that.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm shocked! Shocked I tell you!
:shocked:
Well no duh, it was a racing accident. Lets ban race cars!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Certainly won't stop the civil suit train from rolling, despite the fact that the victim was high as a kite while racing.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I don't know what you kids put in your dope these days but back in my day I didn't even want to get off the couch after lighting up let alone drive a racecar

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
Certainly won't stop the civil suit train from rolling, despite the fact that the victim was high as a kite while racing.
I think the fact that no one can show Stewart did anything intentionally coupled with the fact that the victim was high and not supposed to be out on the track is going to make getting a judgement in their favor very difficult.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n61603 said:
I don't know what you kids put in your dope these days but back in my day I didn't even want to get off the couch after lighting up let alone drive a racecar

That's because black market dealers typically have the Cannabis Indica strains. They generally yield more and finish faster than Sativa strains so they're more popular with the black market growers. Indica is often jokingly referred to as In-da-couch. Sativa strains are more uplifting and can help motivate people to get up and accomplish something. Different effects from different strains.

Hope you enjoyed your lesson for today. :wink:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:

That's because black market dealers typically have the Cannabis Indica strains. They generally yield more and finish faster than Sativa strains so they're more popular with the black market growers. Indica is often jokingly referred to as In-da-couch. Sativa strains are more uplifting and can help motivate people to get up and accomplish something. Different effects from different strains.

Now we know how you got Ox to make you moderator :suspect2:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
NavetG8r said:

Wow. I did not know that. That explains the atypical behavior I see in TV's and movies these days.
But really. Pot that motivates? What a wonderful world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.