Top 10 NBA Centers

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I never got to watch Wilt play but I was always under the impression that he was the goat. I'd also put hakeem over shaq.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I always loved watching Hakeem (not that I consider him GOAT). He had moves guards couldn't and still can't do.

Of the few documented quadruple doubles, Robinson and Hakeem have three of them combined. If blocks counted during Russell's time he would have had tons of triple doubles I suppose.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It's George Mikan, not Milan. And I'd have Olajuwon ahead of Shaq.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This list just isn't very good.

Wilt should be #1. Kareem had a long career. But I think he should be behind Russell as well.

Then Hakeem. Then Shaq.

Malone is probably in the right spot. As are Robinson in Ewing.

Artis Gilmore should be Top10.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I'd switch things around.

1. Ja-blunt
2. Shaq
3. Wilt
4. The Dream
5, Russell

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Chamberlain/Russell (best individual, and by far the most dominant player in history) or Russell/Chamberlain (11 titles in 13 years!). Then Jabbar. The Jabbar argument is based on years, points, and longer schedules. Any list that doesn't have those three in the top three can be ignored.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Chamberlain/Russell (best individual, and by far the most dominant player in history) or Russell/Chamberlain (11 titles in 13 years!). Then Jabbar. The Jabbar argument is based on years, points, and longer schedules. Any list that doesn't have those three in the top three can be ignored.
Jabbar did win six championships and a record SIX MVP trophies. And besides, longevity should count towards greatness. He's easily in the argument for #1.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd switch things around.

1. Ja-blunt
2. Shaq
3. Wilt
4. The Dream
5, Russell

The major reason Shaq is not top three is because he could not hit free throws. He was such a liability that hack-a-Shaq was created. They had to pull him out of the end of games in order to win. You don't remove your best player in crunch time. But in this case, they had to.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
1) Chamberlain
2) Russell
3) Jabbar
4) Olajuwon
5) O'Neal
6) Malone
7) Robinson
8) Noah
9) Ewing
10) Mikan

Walton? Are you kidding me?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jabbar did win six championships and a record SIX MVP trophies. And besides, longevity should count towards greatness. He's easily in the argument for #1.

Six MVPs is a bit nuts. Regardless of longevity. Plus he gets bonus points for being a bad ass extraordinaire in "Game of Death".

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Bill Russell would have to be a PF in today's game and there is no argument for him to be included in the top 3. Ja-blunt, Wilt, Dream, and Shaq had better all-around games than Russell.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Bill Russell would have to be a PF in today's game and there is no argument for him to be included in the top 3. Ja-blunt, Wilt, Dream, and Shaq had better all-around games than Russell.
Russell was a dominant center in his era and has 11 title rings. For someone you call a "PF", he was the only one who could even remotely guard Wilt Chamberlain. You can easily make a case for him at #1.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think Wilt was informed or self-realized that if he played "all-out" it was bad for the game.
So from that point on, he played it like it was a hobby. Nobody has approached his 100 pt game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.