Top 10 Tight Ends in UF History

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It's not so much that it's a killer. It's more an issue that it looks as if it were constructed by a 12 year old. Troupe is by far a better TE than Hernandez, Pitts has been here for 2 seasons and can't be in a serious consideration at this point, Kinney deserves to be much higher, and Reed should be lower. I'd probably have Tremayne Allen in front of some of those guys.

After a promising start, this guy is starting to mail it in on these lists.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's not so much that it's a killer. It's more an issue that it looks as if it were constructed by a 12 year old. Troupe is by far a better TE than Hernandez, Pitts has been here for 2 seasons and can't be in a serious consideration at this point, Kinney deserves to be much higher, and Reed should be lower. I'd probably have Tremayne Allen in front of some of those guys.

After a promising start, this guy is starting to mail it in on these lists.

Troupe is the first tight end I think of when best tight ends, Kirkpatrick also would be higher than Hernandez. But no other tight end has the murder stat line Hernandez has.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The position has evolved to the point where it’s three types of athletes: pass catcher, blocker, hybrid.

I’d give the nod to Ingram.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I'm conflicted on Jordan Reed. He was a great threat catching the ball. He is also one of the worst blocking tight ends to ever put on the orange and blue. His epic whiff blocks are a thing of legend.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'm conflicted on Jordan Reed. He was a great threat catching the ball. He is also one of the worst blocking tight ends to ever put on the orange and blue. His epic whiff blocks are a thing of legend.

His blocking isn’t the first flaw that “jumps” out at me.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Pitts really has a chance to climb this list. I really like his pass catching ability. He’s the epitome of a matchup nightmare.

Ingram was one of my personal favorites. He was a complete tight end and was money on third downs.

But there’s 2 that were above all others, in my opinion. That’s Jordan Reed and Aaron Hernandez. They were on a different level. Hernandez doesn’t gets mentioned with Tebow and Harvin, but he should. He was insane on a football field. Pretty much unguardable. And the same goes for Reed. He happened to play during a down time for us, but he was amazing. Even in the NFL these guys seem to be the cream of crop. Unfortunately, Reed can’t stay healthy and we all know what happened to Hernandez. They both were on the fast track to being all time greats before their careers were derailed.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Pitts really has a chance to climb this list. I really like his pass catching ability. He’s the epitome of a matchup nightmare.

Ingram was one of my personal favorites. He was a complete tight end and was money on third downs.

But there’s 2 that were above all others, in my opinion. That’s Jordan Reed and Aaron Hernandez. They were on a different level. Hernandez doesn’t gets mentioned with Tebow and Harvin, but he should. He was insane on a football field. Pretty much unguardable. And the same goes for Reed. He happened to play during a down time for us, but he was amazing. Even in the NFL these guys seem to be the cream of crop. Unfortunately, Reed can’t stay healthy and we all know what happened to Hernandez. They both were on the fast track to being all time greats before their careers were derailed.

I think Pitts could be on the list if we’re discussing it 4-5 years from now. It’s just bizarre to have him there right now. Of the others, I’d almost agree on Reed. If he’d been a TE all throughout HS and at UF, he may be top 2 or 3. But I think his blossoming in the NFL is skewing his opinion. He was great at times. But not on BT’s or KK’s level.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Waiting for a kangaroo reference and people to start blaming Reed for an 8 point loss in a Chimpball game when we scored exactly zero TDs.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
He fondled you in the shower at some point, didnt he?

NiftyJoyfulGrackle-max-1mb.gif

You know...
We have gone almost a full page without this getting kicked to the PF.
I’m very proud of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator