Top 11 SEC quaterbacks - SEC Country

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
https://www.seccountry.com/sec/the-top-11-sec-quarterbacks-ranked

:blahblah:

Unbelieveable, they leave 5 teams starting or potentially starting quaterbacks off of the list and list 2 each from bama & the rebs. shouldn't you be the starter, or at least competing for the starting job at your own school to be on the list? following this line of thinking, Trask should be top 5 on it :)

feel free to add your worthless $ .02

:chomp:

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Outside of Dobbs and Harris, I don't really see a problem with the list....

There are a lot of unknowns with our QB's....all we have seen is vanilla spring game. Talent level of the QB's listed is likely greater than anyone on our team but that's okay as all we need is a game manager

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That list is a complete joke imo. As far as producing there is no way Harris or Dobbs will be better than Trevor Knight. They might win more games because their team is just better but it won't be due to having a better QB.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Outside of Dobbs and Harris, I don't really see a problem with the list....

There are a lot of unknowns with our QB's....all we have seen is vanilla spring game. Talent level of the QB's listed is likely greater than anyone on our team but that's okay as all we need is a game manager

To have Drew Barker listed over whoever they think our starter is doesn't make sense to me with Mac's history and KY's situation this season on offense. Having backups that have hardly played and wont play much unless there are injuries listed in front of starters is strange also.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
To have Drew Barker listed over whoever they think our starter is doesn't make sense to me with Mac's history and KY's situation this season on offense. Having backups that have hardly played and wont play much unless there are injuries listed in front of starters is strange also.

Barker looked decent at the end of the year last year; Del Rio hasn't taken a snap in over two years......

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The list is a bit of a joke, much like the question marks at QB. A few true freshman over guys who have actually taken meaningful snaps. The explanation for leaving LDR off the list, then adding a few true freshmen is a joke at the very least. But it appears like obvious bias.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
The list is a bit of a joke, much like the question marks at QB. A few true freshman over guys who have actually taken meaningful snaps. The explanation for leaving LDR off the list, then adding a few true freshmen is a joke at the very least. But it appears like obvious bias.

Is it? LDR is a Soph/Jr who has taken how many snaps in college football again? By pure talent standpoint Eason and company are likely better than him.

It's why I mentioned we need a game manager so I am not worried about the list but it's not that inaccurate considering he has played 0 snaps and is like 22-23 years old already

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Is it? LDR is a Soph/Jr who has taken how many snaps in college football again? By pure talent standpoint Eason and company are likely better than him.

It's why I mentioned we need a game manager so I am not worried about the list but it's not that inaccurate considering he has played 0 snaps and is like 22-23 years old already

By a per athletic stand point Driskel was better than him... doesn't mean he is a functional college quarterback. If they used that reason to leave him off, all those true freshman should be off the list as well. You can't have it both ways.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
By a per athletic stand point Driskel was better than him... doesn't mean he is a functional college quarterback. If they used that reason to leave him off, all those true freshman should be off the list as well. You can't have it both ways.

They left him off because he was/is a walkon....

Eason was a 5* recruit

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Has Eason taken a single NCAA snap, yes or no?

Is Eason 18 and fresh out of high school with a lot of promise?

Is LDR a 23 year old man who has bounced around teams and have yet to take a snap?

I mean if I am objectively looking at this I am going to say Eason is better.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Some of their other preseason rankings during the last few weeks have been head scratchers, so why change now?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Is Eason 18 and fresh out of high school with a lot of promise?

Is LDR a 23 year old man who has bounced around teams and have yet to take a snap?

I mean if I am objectively looking at this I am going to say Eason is better.

Eason could be better, there is no true data to say he is... just like a number of other true freshmen who are on the list. I have no problem with LDR being off the list, but they should be off it as well.

Guys left off the list, who have seen action:

Kyle Shurmur
Drew Lock

Guys without a college snap on the list (ie have not real data on):

Shea Patterson (true freshman)
Jacob Eason (true freshman)
Blake Barnett (R. Freshman)

The problem I have with the list isn't that LDR isn't on it, its the fact that people with the exact same NCAA data are on the list. We don't know if once they take a snap they will be head cases... they were possibly overranked or we saw their ceiling in high school.

If you haven't had a college snap you shouldn't be on the list and above some who has some college production.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm ok with no college snaps = off the list, and in the same stack.

at the college level, they all have everything to prove

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Don't get worked up over the story, here's the writer Alec Shirkey

508e987c576f2.image.jpg

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
There aren't enough quality QBs in the SEC for a Top 2 let alone 11. November will be a better time to re-visit this list.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I understand the knock on LDR - very few college snaps. That said, when talking ONLY about the upcoming season, I'll take a smart QB who has 2-3 years of familiarity in a system and college level speed over a TRUE FRESHMAN QB standing at the bottom of a steep learning curve. Give me the name of a starting true freshman QB who won the SEC.

Edit: I see now that he's talking about career potential, not just forecasting the 2016 season alone. Also, he makes some assumptions that lead to ignorant conclusions.

Exhibit A: LDR not named starter = must not be that good. Maybe, but doubt it. More likely Mac came from the saban school of (don't give away) information about key players, especially the starting QB.

Last edited:

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
https://www.seccountry.com/sec/the-top-11-sec-quarterbacks-ranked

:blahblah:

Unbelieveable, they leave 5 teams starting or potentially starting quaterbacks off of the list and list 2 each from bama & the rebs. shouldn't you be the starter, or at least competing for the starting job at your own school to be on the list? following this line of thinking, Trask should be top 5 on it :)

feel free to add your worthless $ .02

:chomp:

Top 5 !?! Don't be shortchanging Trask now!

(That's my inflated $.02 worth.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator