Top 25 Games of 2015 on ESPNU: Gators vs. Vols #24

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I turned on the boob tube and the potential game winning FG was just about to be attempted. I skipped back to the game winning play and began to reminisce. Then I skipped forward to watch the UT heartbreak over and over again. Oh what joy...
It was then that I noticed that the first attempted FG was from directly on the right hash marks and was for the most part kicked straight down the field. After the almost fatal "lets freeze the kicker" time out, the ball was kicked from about 2-3 yards to the left of the hash marks. Again the kick was fairly straight (yes it hooked left and then back right almost like a knuckleball, but it ended up almost straight ahead of where it started), just missing by about 2-3 feet to the right of the goal post.
Not sure if anybody has ever discussed this before but that error in ball placement by the officials very well could have cost us the game.

dphgator96

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
The game replay never gets old. It was a huge miss by the officials but it didn't get much coverage because the good guys won the game.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I still keep rewinding and watching... That number 13 who was chasing Callaway had some serious closing speed. Another 5-10 yards and he would have caught him.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Mac said they counted 12 defenders and had to call TO. Not trying to freeze the kicker.

And I think the refs tried to help. Moving the ball off of the hash marks is too obvious to be a mistake.

And beating the vol$ will never get old. dork has as much to do with that as anything else.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It was discussed after the game on the board and pics posted as well if I remember. Many of us were screaming at the back judge from the north endzone when we noticed that the Umpire had moved the ball. Total BS by the SEC refs, as usual. But that ball immediately zigged right slightly when it looked like it was going to zag left.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
Never get tired of watching that game!

Say what you want about Grier, but we owe him that one.
Had we been stuck with Treon that game, we would have lost by 21. It was literally the first time in the last 5 years that we were able to execute a 2 min drill drive.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ill be honest. I can't watch replays of last year's Tennessee or ole miss game. Too much what could have been rolls through my mind when I see grier slinging it around. I really can't watch at all.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Had we been stuck with Treon that game, we would have lost by 21. It was literally the first time in the last 5 years that we were able to execute a 2 min drill drive.
Treon beat them the year before.

Murphy the year before.

Even Driskel beat them.

Everyone beats Tinerc.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We could have lined Law back there and beat Tennessee... as much as we took the game from them, they lost the game. The last two years they have folded in the 4th quarter, making boneheaded offensive and defensive decisions that allowed the clock to stop, or wide open halves of the field. Tennessee doesn't know how to beat us.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The winning TD drive of that game was impressive, but I think the TD drive before that was even more impressive. I still can't get over how many big plays Powell made in that game.

I get people not wanting to watch Grier sling, but the way I look at it... it shows how good the offense can be with a competent QB and that makes me excited because I think Del Rio will be very competent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.