Top 5 Gator Achievements

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Continuing our unillustrious series of offseason threads designed to get us through to spring football, today's subject is the five sporting events that best defined your UF fan experience. It can be any sport except intramural checkers.

Mine:

1. Crushing FSU in the rematch for our first national championship in 1996
2. Our first Final Four berth after beating Boston College
3. The 2006 NCAA run culminated by beating UCLA for our first NCAA basketball title
4. The 41-14 shocker over heavily favored Ohio State in the 2007 BCS title game
5. 28-14 over Oklahoma for our second BCS title (more a relief than anything for me)

It's hard to leave the 2007 NCAA run out of the top 5 as that was probably one of the five best college basketball teams of alltime.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I would replace final four birth with the second championship. We had a target on our back and that was a field that year.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Then you're too young to remember how incredible it felt each step of the way as we went through the field one by one in 1994. And we were doing it with a rag-tag bunch of players. No way we were supposed to be doing that.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
I was extremely satisfied with the softball team's NC last year. Smoking hot Hanna making that fat Bama pitcher her biotch. Then all those sweaty ladies piling up on her after she closed game 2 out. I don't know if it would crack the top 5, but it is the only one I fantasize about

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Since things are slow perhaps we could do the same thing without football and basketball. After all NC's are easy to put in the top five and there are five of them. Another possibility would be just say football without NC's.

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
Top 5 Achievements

1. Firing Will Muschamp
2. Firing Will Muschamp
3. Firing Will Muschamp
4. Firing Will Muschamp
5. Girls Softball Winning it all last year.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n184911 said:
I was extremely satisfied with the softball team's NC last year. Smoking hot Hanna making that fat Bama pitcher her biotch. Then all those sweaty ladies piling up on her after she closed game 2 out. I don't know if it would crack the top 5, but it is the only one I fantasize about
Speed reading through your post I picked out the key words in your message.
:burn:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
5 is not enough. While I don't watch and closely follow all our sports programs, they all deserve credit where credit is due. If I have to pick a top 5, then it would be the 5 NCs shared between football and basketball since they're the obvious most visible championships UF has earned.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n184889 said:
I would replace final four birth with the second championship. We had a target on our back and that was a field that year.
I think you meant burth,

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
[QUOTE='78;n184880]5. 28-14 over Oklahoma for our second BCS title (more a relief than anything for me)
[/QUOTE]
:snob: It was 24-14 sir...

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n184899]Then you're too young to remember how incredible it felt each step of the way as we went through the field one by one in 1994. And we were doing it with a rag-tag bunch of players. No way we were supposed to be doing that. [/QUOTE]

I think Declercq was the only one from that squad that saw significant NBA time. Memory is getting fuzzy, though. I named a dog Kruger after that run and still really dislike Mateen Cleaves for his antics.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n184899]Then you're too young to remember how incredible it felt each step of the way as we went through the field one by one in 1994. And we were doing it with a rag-tag bunch of players. No way we were supposed to be doing that. [/QUOTE]

It was big once we beat UConn but we weren't really a Cinderella that year if I remember correctly. We had some pretty good players and were a 3 seed I think.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave;n184977 said:
I think Declercq was the only one from that squad that saw significant NBA time. Memory is getting fuzzy, though. I named a dog Kruger after that run and still really dislike Mateen Cleaves for his antics.

Da Meat Hook played like 15 years overseas after being cut in the NBA. I don't remember what happened with the guards but they could pop some 3s if I remember right.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n185030 said:
It was big once we beat UConn but we weren't really a Cinderella that year if I remember correctly. We had some pretty good players and were a 3 seed I think.

Be careful how you describe Cinderella. George Mason is a Cinderella because it's a tiny school hardly anyone knows about. Everyone knows Florida, but our making it to the Final Four was completely unexpected. I remember being in a lounge inside the convention center in Tampa along with about 15 others going absolutely bananas during the Sweet 16 win over UConn.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave;n184977 said:
*ahem* jabs I hate to mess up what is probably a fantastic acid flashback, but Mateen Cleaves was from our 2000 run to the Finals

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fishon;n185045 said:
*ahem* jabs I hate to mess up what is probably a fantastic acid flashback, but Mateen Cleaves was from our 2000 run to the Finals

He was experiencing a premonition.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n184940 said:
5 is not enough. While I don't watch and closely follow all our sports programs, they all deserve credit where credit is due. If I have to pick a top 5, then it would be the 5 NCs shared between football and basketball since they're the obvious most visible championships UF has earned.

Pretty much my list. Maybe a top 10??

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Geez.

Winning the football AND basketball championships in the same year stands alone at #1 and it isn't even close. Probably the only time any of us will see a school do that in our lifetimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.