Top 5 Pet Peeves

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Okay gang...this should be fun....let's see who inadvertently gets called out...top 5 pet peeves/little things that drive you nuts...feel free to rank yours as you wish...

1) Not accelerating when merging onto the interstate (it's not smart to merge into the right lane of the interstate going 45 when a semi is coming up going 70)

2) Pulling out into my lane and going slow when the other lane was free to take

3) People who walk/jog on the street when there is a sidewalk right next to them

4) In the grocery store, people who leave their cart on one side and then stand on the other side of the aisle to browse essentially blocking the whole aisle

5) Restaurants asking for your gratuity BEFORE you receive your takeout order

I know someone is going to say "people who create pet peeve lists"

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
People that smack their lips when eating or talk with a mouth full of food.

Double dippers.

Announcers say "ground rule double".

Ear corns generally, but some really get my goat!

Slow drivers in the left lane.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
1. The refs taking ages to reverse an extremely obvious call on a review.
2. People who put on their hazards and stop right in front of the store, so we all have to navigate around them while their 320 lb wife shops
3. Douche bag drivers with loud exhausts and louder speakers.
4. Reality TV
5. Emptying the dishwasher

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
1. The refs taking ages to reverse an extremely obvious call on a review.
2. People who put on their hazards and stop right in front of the store, so we all have to navigate around them while their 320 lb wife shops
3. Douche bag drivers with loud exhausts and louder speakers.
4. Reality TV
5. Emptying the dishwasher

Totally forgot about #2…so true….every freaking time I go to Publix there is always some lazy inconsiderate person parked right outside the store right where it says No Parking…..honorable mention would be people who park in handicap spots that clearly aren’t handicapped

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
1. Lists
2. Redundancy
3. Lists
D. Nonstandardization
5. Spelling grammer, and punctuation
6. People who can't follow instructions

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Totally forgot about #2…so true….every freaking time I go to Publix there is always some lazy inconsiderate person parked right outside the store right where it says No Parking…..honorable mention would be people who park in handicap spots that clearly aren’t handicapped
I absolutely HATE the handicap parking. Any fat, lazy piece of trash can go to the doctor and get a handicap placard so they can park up close. Then, to add insult to injury, they go in and take one of the electric shopping carts and many times they ride along with a kid or grandkid riding on it too.

IMO, handicap parking is a good thing but I feel that it needs to be changed. I feel that the handicap parking needs to be color coded with those who are "walking" handicapped get the closest parking and those who are deemed handicapped but there are no obvious disabilities get a reserved spot farther away. I also feel that the fat & lazy folks should be required to park as far away as they possibly can and be absolutely forbidden from using the electric shopping carts, punnishable by jail for violating either aspect.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
1. getting machines instead of a human being when you need to call some business.
2. insurance companies making medical decisions
3. lawyer ads on TV during news casts
4. 4 minute commercials during a show on TV
5. forgetting or losing things

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
It's hard to have pet peeves when it's all gotten compressed into a burning hatred of everything. But if I could dislodge one dingleberry from the anus of existence, it would be pharmaceutical ads on TV.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
1) NOT using a turn signal. Is it that fckin hard to let other people know your intentions.

2) People who drive with hazard lights on in the rain. Hazard lights are meant to inform others that you are a hazard (stopped on the side of the road). If you're that afraid to drive in the rain then get off the fckin road.

3) The sound of long fingernails typing on a computer keyboard.

4) Hypocrites, willful ignorance, illogic, narcissists. Put all four together and you get a liberal.

Jax Gator

Founding Member
Swamp Thing
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Okay gang...this should be fun....let's see who inadvertently gets called out...top 5 pet peeves/little things that drive you nuts...feel free to rank yours as you wish...

1) Not accelerating when merging onto the interstate (it's not smart to merge into the right lane of the interstate going 45 when a semi is coming up going 70)

2) Pulling out into my lane and going slow when the other lane was free to take

3) People who walk/jog on the street when there is a sidewalk right next to them

4) In the grocery store, people who leave their cart on one side and then stand on the other side of the aisle to browse essentially blocking the whole aisle

5) Restaurants asking for your gratuity BEFORE you receive your takeout order

I know someone is going to say "people who create pet peeve lists"
Your #1. Passing you on interstate then immediately slowing down causing you to have to pass them.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
1) NOT using a turn signal. Is it that fckin hard to let other people know your intentions.

2) People who drive with hazard lights on in the rain. Hazard lights are meant to inform others that you are a hazard (stopped on the side of the road). If you're that afraid to drive in the rain then get off the fckin road.

3) The sound of long fingernails typing on a computer keyboard.

4) Hypocrites, willful ignorance, illogic, narcissists. Put all four together and you get a liberal.

Yes!!! How can I forget your #1?! Braking BEFORE putting your blinker on….the whole idea of the blinker is to warn the driver behind you that you are about to slow down

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
It's hard to have pet peeves when it's all gotten compressed into a burning hatred of everything. But if I could dislodge one dingleberry from the anus of existence, it would be pharmaceutical ads on TV.

No kidding man….when is the last time you saw a commercial on dandelion root, ginger, turmeric, etc? Never

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
I absolutely HATE the handicap parking. Any fat, lazy piece of trash can go to the doctor and get a handicap placard so they can park up close. Then, to add insult to injury, they go in and take one of the electric shopping carts and many times they ride along with a kid or grandkid riding on it too.

IMO, handicap parking is a good thing but I feel that it needs to be changed. I feel that the handicap parking needs to be color coded with those who are "walking" handicapped get the closest parking and those who are deemed handicapped but there are no obvious disabilities get a reserved spot farther away. I also feel that the fat & lazy folks should be required to park as far away as they possibly can and be absolutely forbidden from using the electric shopping carts, punnishable by jail for violating either aspect.

Couldn’t agree more….the fat ones need the extra walking in the first place….the problem is there are morally bankrupt people who take advantage of rules when they aren’t being monitored or babysat….when the ADA first released the handicap definition, I’m pretty sure it didn’t include obesity….it was for amputees, wheelchair bound people, etc…..I always get a kick out if seeing a corvette or souped up sports car in a handicap spot……the place where I play trivia at, the host is “handicapped” due to low back pain….but yet she doesn’t have a cane, walker, nothing…doesn’t walk around limping, no grimacing, nothing

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
1. The term “hot water heater”. No, it is a water heater that heats the water dumbasses.

2. The term “ATM machine”. An automatic teller machine machine? No you dumbass.

3-5. Dumbasses.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015

My parents are in their 80’a and NEED those spots. Nothing worse than seeing some able bodied, but handicapped brained, D-Bag take one of those spots.

I’ll call them out: it’s personal to me.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Couldn’t agree more….the fat ones need the extra walking in the first place….the problem is there are morally bankrupt people who take advantage of rules when they aren’t being monitored or babysat….when the ADA first released the handicap definition, I’m pretty sure it didn’t include obesity….it was for amputees, wheelchair bound people, etc…..I always get a kick out if seeing a corvette or souped up sports car in a handicap spot……the place where I play trivia at, the host is “handicapped” due to low back pain….but yet she doesn’t have a cane, walker, nothing…doesn’t walk around limping, no grimacing, nothing
Where I work, a U.S. Army base, there are many, MANY retired military people who at some point in their military career sustained an injury that gave them the "handicap" label. They drive some really nice cars and trucks. There are some that even drive the big Harley Davidson motorcycles... and park in the handicap spots... smh...:suicide:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator