Trenches

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Our OL was destined to be terrible bc of all the 2 OL classes we have recruited starting in the Daz years. Those 2011 guys should have been redshirt seniors in 2015. Imagine how different the season would have been with redshirt seniors and juniors in 2015.

The problem perpetuates itself we then are forced to play kids too soon. Injuries happen at a higher rate because they are playing before they are even big enough to play in the SEC and they forced to continue playing (Trip Thurman) even when injured due to lack of depth.

This says it all. Due to injuries and lack of development, you absolutely MUST sign 5 OL per year.

2009:
Halapeno (starter, started too soon due to lack of depth)
X Nixon (starter, started too soon due to lack of depth, left early)
Harrison (eventual starter)
Koehne (depth, injured multiple years
Alavajajay (transferred)

2010:
Green (starter)
Silberman (transfer)

2011:
Thurman (injured basically his whole career, tried to play anyway)
Tommy Jordan (injured, left team)

2012:
Humphries (played too soon due to lack of depth, left early)
Dunkerman (injured, left team)

2013:
Dillard (started too soon, seems like he may develop into a competent lineman)
Trent Brown (Juco, starter)
Rod Johnson (injury, left team)
Octavious Jackson (injury, left team)
Trevon Young (joke, basketball player)

2014:
David Sharpe (started to soon due to lack of depth, left early)
Kavaris Harkless (depth)
Travaris Dorsey (injured, left team)
Nolan Kelleher (injured, left team)
Drew Sarvary (injured, left team)
Andrew Mike (joke, not SEC level talent)

2015:
Jordan
Sandifer
Desir-Jones
Fred Johnson
Ivey
Buchanan

2016:
Forsythe
Heggie
Taylor

As you can see, 2009 was the last decent class. I guess 2015 may develop. At least the numbers are there, although the talent is questionable.

Excellent breakdown. All three 2016 kids (assuming no injuries) will be starters.

2015 has 4 future starters or really productive players Jones, Ivey, Jordan, and Buchanan.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Imo, winning the trenches plays a key factor in determining who wins a football game.
With two nice offensive lineman commits, and two nice defensive lineman commits, I think we have a nice class coming along on both sides of the LOS. BUT, I think we need one more offensive lineman and two more defensive tackles. Who do you think we land as the last olineman and two DT's?

....Also, if James Robinson and Adarius Lemons are eligible to get into UF, I think we could definitely use their skillsets. Robinson is big and physical, and would be a beast of a redzone target. (Riley Cooper -esque?) Lemons also seems to have a rare combination of size, power, and burst/speeed. I can't really think of a rb comparison for lemons, he is a very unique talent. The closest I can come up with is LE'VEON BELL. IMO, they both have crazy potential. I'M talking two elite offensive threats, that could get us over the hump and beat BAMA.
:pumper:
pumper.gif
pumper.gif
pumper.gif
pumper.gif
alert alert.................you gonna have the piranhas smelling this in the water and here soon if not already.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We are behind the curve on DTs and LBs and needed it to be addressed last class more in reality. We will pay the price for that this coming season.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Why dont you guys stroll on over to whorechant and take a look at their commit list. We get a 3/4 star RB who was booted from his HS team. They get the #2 RB in the nation. As long as we keep patting ourselves on the back for our current recruiting performance, halfassu will keep kicking us in the azz in November.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Our OL was destined to be terrible bc of all the 2 OL classes we have recruited starting in the Daz years. Those 2011 guys should have been redshirt seniors in 2015. Imagine how different the season would have been with redshirt seniors and juniors in 2015.

The problem perpetuates itself we then are forced to play kids too soon. Injuries happen at a higher rate because they are playing before they are even big enough to play in the SEC and they forced to continue playing (Trip Thurman) even when injured due to lack of depth.

This says it all. Due to injuries and lack of development, you absolutely MUST sign 5 OL per year.

2009:
Halapeno (starter, started too soon due to lack of depth)
X Nixon (starter, started too soon due to lack of depth, left early)
Harrison (eventual starter)
Koehne (depth, injured multiple years
Alavajajay (transferred)

2010:
Green (starter)
Silberman (transfer)

2011:
Thurman (injured basically his whole career, tried to play anyway)
Tommy Jordan (injured, left team)

2012:
Humphries (played too soon due to lack of depth, left early)
Dunkerman (injured, left team)

2013:
Dillard (started too soon, seems like he may develop into a competent lineman)
Trent Brown (Juco, starter)
Rod Johnson (injury, left team)
Octavious Jackson (injury, left team)
Trevon Young (joke, basketball player)

2014:
David Sharpe (started to soon due to lack of depth, left early)
Kavaris Harkless (depth)
Travaris Dorsey (injured, left team)
Nolan Kelleher (injured, left team)
Drew Sarvary (injured, left team)
Andrew Mike (joke, not SEC level talent)

2015:
Jordan
Sandifer
Desir-Jones
Fred Johnson
Ivey
Buchanan

2016:
Forsythe
Heggie
Taylor

As you can see, 2009 was the last decent class. I guess 2015 may develop. At least the numbers are there, although the talent is questionable.
Dunker wasn't hurt, dumbass stole a scooter

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator