Treon Harris suspended indefinitely - Accuser drops complaint

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n70833 said:
Not to be "that guy," but what are the odds this is some crazy broad trying to get famous by accusing the new "star" QB of sexual assault? The kid has kept his nose clean just fine until the night of his "breakout" game? Then again, maybe he's just a bad apple like Jameis and this is the first indication. Every criminal has a first crime at some point.
Most likely booze is involved. Definitely a bummer.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
601Gator;n71058 said:
The biggest thing right now that is working in Treon's favor is that the UPD were called. The UPD is now turning the case over to the GPD. If it had been a serious matter of sexual assault, I'm almost positive the GPD would have been brought in from the beginning.

It was reported about 12 hours ago to UPD. This is the beginning. UPD doesn't have a forensics unit, so GPD was brought in for that purpose.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n71070 said:
It was reported about 12 hours ago to UPD. This is the beginning. UPD doesn't have a forensics unit, so GPD was brought in for that purpose.

no, but they do have tasers

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
601Gator;n71058 said:
The biggest thing right now that is working in Treon's favor is that the UPD were called. The UPD is now turning the case over to the GPD. If it had been a serious matter of sexual assault, I'm almost positive the GPD would have been brought in from the beginning.

The biggest thing working for him right now is that they are doing a real investigation. That means if he isn't charged then it is because there truly wasn't enough evidence... not because of a possible cover-up.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
if it is a scorned girlfriend, there could be a press conference as soon as this evening. IMO, if this is unresolved by end of day tomorrow, it's starts to look worse for Treon.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n71047 said:
I don't think anyone here has trashed the victim.

It's borderline slut shaming when someone immediately starts raising the specter of a false accusation with zero knowledge of what occurred. Things like "drunk sex does not equal rape" and "everything I'm hearing is that Treon is innocent" are comments that have been made on this board that are likely done innocuously, but they are pretty insensitive to what is a very grave and serious issue.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n71092 said:
I think no matter what, his rep is down the toilet. Not enough evidence does not equal not guilty in the eyes of the public. It's ugly either way. As far is the team is concerned, it is going to be difficult to concentrate for the LSU game.

If the alleged victim admits she was lying, there's no way it would harm his reputation.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n71085 said:
Don't make me lol, bro.

A friend of mine knows one of the officers involved in the tasing. She was suspended and eventually moved on to another career. She said the tase was the best thing that could've happened to her.

601Gator

Aug 10, 2014
PastyStoole;n71088 said:
It's borderline slut shaming when someone immediately starts raising the specter of a false accusation with zero knowledge of what occurred. Things like "drunk sex does not equal rape" and "everything I'm hearing is that Treon is innocent" are comments that have been made on this board that are likely done innocuously, but they are pretty insensitive to what is a very grave and serious issue.

You are correct. But like I said, I don't post what I am not sure of. The girl is a basketball player at UF. Time will tell and the truth will come out.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n71092 said:
I think no matter what, his rep is down the toilet. Not enough evidence does not equal not guilty in the eyes of the public. It's ugly either way. As far is the team is concerned, it is going to be difficult to concentrate for the LSU game.
I don't think that's true. The Colin kaepernick rape allegation went away pretty quickly and you never hear about that. So let's see how it plays out.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
And I was talking about other sites and social media. I never called anyone out specifically here.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n71088 said:

He is innocent until proven guilty...so it's basically up to her to prove she's not a slut (your term, not mine), and that he's a rapist.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n70833 said:
Not to be "that guy," but what are the odds this is some crazy broad trying to get famous by accusing the new "star" QB of sexual assault? The kid has kept his nose clean just fine until the night of his "breakout" game? Then again, maybe he's just a bad apple like Jameis and this is the first indication. Every criminal has a first crime at some point.

Its either that or he thought he was above things now after the game I guess.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
In some good news, CJ Worton tweeted he got his cast off and is back in business

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Even if this is a "he said she said" type scenario without evidence to confirm either way he is done for this season it appears.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Weird timing on my twitter feed.

BzSUGvQIUAAttJv.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online