Treon Harris

Oct 5, 2014
"I put today's result on Nuss and Mac. The play calling early in the game was just too damned cute. We GAVE Vandy some stops in the first quarter, they got that long TD run and that changed the tone of the game. Suddenly, they had life and began to believe and we tightened up. This was the first time I thought our coaches coached poorly - on the offensive side of the ball."

WHAT HE SAID...

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
In the early games of the season we had bad playcalling, dropped passes etc = bad breaks, but even on 3rd & long or
even 4th & long Grier & WRs overcame it. We now have zero ability to overcome anything. Treon gives us the ability to
lose any game, while Grier gave us a chance to win any game. That's just how it unfolds. IDK why Treon is getting worse ?
Even though we're winning, we still have a "wait 'til next year" mantra sneaking into our thinking. ??

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Rog, Treon isn't getting worse. The other teams are simply figuring out how to defend him and his limited skill set.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n309441 said:
Rog, Treon isn't getting worse. The other teams are simply figuring out how to defend him and his limited skill set.

OK … but watching almost any school's QB playing yesterday all the in-air ball-flights were faster to targets. Both Grier's
decision, release and ball flight was faster than any of the QBs I saw yesterday. I hate the gulf Treon seems to have
fallen in, so I hope McCrew shifts things around to promote Treon's "beat'em ability". McCrew with Treon should have
solved some things for more success than we've seen. Guess it is the OL… but with Grier we made lots of 4th & longs
when the pass rushers pinned their ears back & maxed their charge. Grier got it off to convert 4th.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Why do some of you keep obsessing over Grier. He's not part of the equation anymore so you need to move on.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n309302 said:
He wasn't guaranteed the job any more.

They thought that Power 5 schools would be lined up for "Mr 5 Star." After all, even Tyler Murphy found a job.

No such luck.

Of course he wasn't guaranteed, but he held a huge experience edge over Harris and Grier and you can't argue that the coaching staff held a bias against him. I'll never understand the mindset that brings a kid to bail for a smaller environment because he thinks he can play more. If I believe in myself and this is where I want to be, I stay put.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n309458]

Of course he wasn't guaranteed, but he held a huge experience edge over Harris and Grier and you can't argue that the coaching staff held a bias against him. I'll never understand the mindset that brings a kid to bail for a smaller environment because he thinks he can play more. If I believe in myself and this is where I want to be, I stay put.[/QUOTE]

Obviously, it's not where he wanted to be if he left for that destination.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n309454 said:
Why do some of you keep obsessing over Grier. He's not part of the equation anymore so you need to move on.

'cause we're not the same team to have hopes for. It's stupid Grier's fault (so it seems) but it's the same as having an injury
knocking out our star QB . To see some sunshine … at least our OL is avoiding holding penalties .

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n309454 said:

There is a poster here that obsesses over Grier all right.

I just look at it like he's injured. He'll be back, no doubt about it. If we don't have a better QB recruited by then there isn't a doubt in my mind that he will immediately take over for Treon, even if its in the middle of next season.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n309459 said:
Obviously, it's not where he wanted to be if he left for that destination.

You're leaving a lot of gray out of that answer. His heart was at UF whereas his head, and esp because of those around him, said go to Louisiana Tech. It was strictly a business decision and a gamble if you ask me. As it turned out, he'd have probably gotten more than his fair share of snaps with Grier out and who knows how much better he might have looked in Mac's offense.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n309472]

You're leaving a lot of gray out of that answer. His heart was at UF whereas his head, and esp because of those around him, said go to Louisiana Tech. It was strictly a business decision and a gamble if you ask me. As it turned out, he'd have probably gotten more than his fair share of snaps with Grier out and who knows how much better he might have looked in Mac's offense.[/QUOTE]

So you think Driskel should have come back to a place where he's been trashed by fans and media for four years? Why?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n309472]

You're leaving a lot of gray out of that answer. His heart was at UF whereas his head, and esp because of those around him, said go to Louisiana Tech. It was strictly a business decision and a gamble if you ask me. As it turned out, he'd have probably gotten more than his fair share of snaps with Grier out and who knows how much better he might have looked in Mac's offense.[/QUOTE]

I think he wanted away from UF. He was roasted the past couple of years (much of it deserved) and just wanted to get away and enjoy his final year of college football without the constant criticism. I blame Muschchamp as much as anything.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n309473 said:
So you think Driskel should have come back to a place where he's been trashed by fans and media for four years? Why?

I just told you why. He had a chance for a new start under a competent coaching staff and a sizable edge in experience. You don't think NFL scouts will be discounting his play because of the diminished competition where he's at? Of course they will. And who gives a crap what the fans or media think? All that matters is what the coaching staff thinks.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think that game where MessedChomp left him in to totally self-destruct made him want to avoid the negative
prejudice that would dog him next season here. At La.Tech he's doing much better, but folding in similar ways
in tight 2nd halfs. Wish him well, hoping he gets NFL chance to learn and improve greatly on his natural physical
assets.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n309466 said:
There is a poster here that obsesses over Grier all right.

I just look at it like he's injured. He'll be back, no doubt about it. If we don't have a better QB recruited by then there isn't a doubt in my mind that he will immediately take over for Treon, even if its in the middle of next season.

Injuries happen while playing the game. Suspensions for PEDs don't, so I can't look at it that way. As far as him starting over Treon when he returns, I have little doubt about that happening unless Treon magically improves in the next 12 months. It's an unfortunate situation all the way around, but it just gets old seeing people trash Treon when he's obviously the best we've got right now...due to no fault of his own.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Suspensions for drugs and other illegalities happen all the time. Just look at Harris. The only difference is the penalty. I have a hard time understanding how a kid who has been suspended multiple times for breaking the law gets a pass but a kid who stupidly took the wrong supplement deserves to be shunned. Grier is still a Gator. He still practices with the team. When he is eligible to play again are you still going to "trash" him?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n309485 said:
Suspensions for drugs and other illegalities happen all the time. Just look at Harris. The only difference is the penalty. I have a hard time understanding how a kid who has been suspended multiple times for breaking the law gets a pass but a kid who stupidly took the wrong supplement deserves to be shunned. Grier is still a Gator. He still practices with the team. When he is eligible to play again are you still going to "trash" him?

Yep

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n309493 said:

Well that makes a ton of sense. Why do you act like he snuck in your house and stole your golf clubs?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Grier's not going to get trashed for probably multiple reasons, but mainly for this one: The season didn't fall apart when he left, which would have made him the convenient scapegoat. And though I see the extreme paradox, Zambo, it boils down to whether or not the substance gives you an edge on the field. No one's going to argue that Treon being a stoner helps him in the pocket.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n309500 said:
Well that makes a ton of sense. Why do you act like he snuck in your house and stole your golf clubs?

Honestly, the sheer stupidity is what irks me. You almost never hear of this type of violation because it's something that they KNOW will result in a full year ban. If all of the dumbasses (and there are thousands) can figure it out, then why couldn't Grieroid?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.