Trouble in Tampa?

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Although Winston started OTA's prcticing with the first string he has now been moved to second string. Mike Glennon is practicing with the first string.
TAMPA, Fla. -- Jameis Winston was the first pick in the NFL draft. But he was the backup quarterback for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Thursday.
Third-year pro Mike Glennon took the first-team snaps during the organized team activity, and Winston worked with the second team. Coach Lovie Smith said Winston has gotten some first-team work at other OTAs, but the coach believes in letting his players earn their spots.
"Jameis and everybody else, you've got to earn your position. Jameis is getting his first-team reps,'' Smith said. "You guys are here on Thursday. There's Wednesday, and he was with the first group then, so don't look too much into that. We just want the guys that we think can play to get reps, and we want them to work with a lot of different combinations. Jameis is right on schedule. We're not disappointed or anything like that.''
Winston said he doesn't expect anything to be handed to him.
"I never was given anything in my life,'' Winston said. "The way I was brought up, I always had to earn everything. The main thing is to earn the respect of all these players out here.''
Winston said working behind Glennon is helping him develop.
"Just watching Mike and seeing the things he does, I'm trying to peek at everything that he has because he's been doing great,'' Winston said. "I look up to him, and the things he does are magnificent. It's always good to have a great guy in front of you, and it just helps you push yourself.''
Although Winston was known for his gregarious personality at Florida State, veteran wide receiver Vincent Jackson said the rookie has been keeping a low profile in the locker room.
"When you're a rookie, you're supposed to be in the background until it's time to step up,'' Smith said. "It's not Jameis' time yet. It will come, though, soon.''

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly, I used to like the Bucs but I'll be hoping they lose every game in blowout fashion while that have that POS on their roster.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My kids like the Bucs so I thought about buying some tickets this year. Then they drafted Winston.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
TROUBLE IN TAMPA? I thought this would be a thread about Tampa area Publix supermarkets on high security alert. Maybe that comes later.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The trouble started when they drafted Rapeis. The way they are going they will become the Oakland Raiders of the east coast. Blowing first round draft picks and becoming a joke of a team. hey, a joke of a team, maybe that is why the drafted the clown.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n231224 said:
The trouble started when they drafted Rapeis. The way they are going they will become the Oakland Raiders of the east coast. Blowing first round draft picks and becoming a joke of a team. hey, a joke of a team, maybe that is why the drafted the clown.

There's nothing becoming about Oakland Raiders ?

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
No trouble here, just decent football process. Anybody who is anointed and does not earn their spot will destroy any team. I dislike him and his actions. I dislike Noles to a certain extent. If he stays out of trouble and plays the right way I have no problem with him. He will have to pay for his previous actions and I doubt that he will be able to stay out of trouble.

Whatever!!!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;231246 said:
No trouble here, just decent football process. Anybody who is anointed and does not earn their spot will destroy any team. I dislike him and his actions. I dislike Noles to a certain extent. If he stays out of trouble and plays the right way I have no problem with him. He will have to pay for his previous actions and I doubt that he will be able to stay out of trouble.

Whatever!!!

:crazy: :suicide:

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Chomper;n231211 said:
TROUBLE IN TAMPA? I thought this would be a thread about Tampa area Publix supermarkets on high security alert. Maybe that comes later.

:lol:

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n231184 said:
My kids like the Bucs so I thought about buying some tickets this year. Then they drafted Winston.

I was really hoping to go to a game this upcoming season as I've been wanting to the last couple years since living here. But yeah, that's not happening now.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n231240 said:
don't pile on, they are depressing enough!
Atleast you have the warriors if you're an oakland fan

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Tapatalk sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

skyflake

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you don't think Winston will be starting the opening game, you're probably someone who calls him Rapeis and the like and don't have a grip on reality. Winston is the best quarterback to ever play college football, and you are hallucinating if you think he's not going to be an All-Pro in the NFL who will be enshrined in Canton. Ypu probably also think Tebow is an NFL quarterback nd will come up with excuses for him when, again, he's unable to make a roster. Get out and see the world, it's a lot different than you think it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator