Recruiting Truck hits Michigan's IMG bus?

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I can totally see Nick Saban arranging for this to happen.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
"Hey Pau! I gave that square faced northerner a good ol 'welcome to the the sec' didn't I? My pick-up may be totaled but I know I put the fear of God in that expensive pant wearin heathen! Roll damn Tide!"

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'd love to see how much this cost Michigan (to bring the team, coaches, training staff, etc) to Florida for 4 practices.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Harbaugh's plan to be 'stuck' near IMG for longer than originally planned. "Oh, the hotels are full? How about we house with some recruits?"

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd love to see how much this cost Michigan (to bring the team, coaches, training staff, etc) to Florida for 4 practices.
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. Not sure why this isn't considered a benefit to the students. Also, I don't see how the SEC coaches don't use this to negatively recruit UM. What this is truly saying is that Ann Arbor is cold, so cold that the heaters in the IPF can't produce enough heat to hold practices. So we're going to take you to Florida so you can meet your replacements.

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well, if you search, you'll see that the pickup driver is from Michigan, so he's most likely a Michigan State fan...

True story. Or not.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
"Hey Pau! I gave that square faced northerner a good ol 'welcome to the the sec' didn't I? My pick-up may be totaled but I know I put the fear of God in that expensive pant wearin heathen! Roll damn Tide!"

Who is that directed to? Pau Gasol?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. Not sure why this isn't considered a benefit to the students. Also, I don't see how the SEC coaches don't use this to negatively recruit UM. What this is truly saying is that Ann Arbor is cold, so cold that the heaters in the IPF can't produce enough heat to hold practices. So we're going to take you to Florida so you can meet your replacements.

Hell, the NCAA limits the size of the media guide! Why is this allowed?

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
As for the 'benefit for the students'....how is this different from the early/pre-season (practice) tournaments the basketball teams travel to in places like the Bahamas or Puerto Rico or Hawaii? I'm not keen on Harbaugh's plan, but I see precedent in how other sports (not just basketball) have been run with travel for the team.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
As for the 'benefit for the students'....how is this different from the early/pre-season (practice) tournaments the basketball teams travel to in places like the Bahamas? I'm not keen on Harbaugh's plan, but I see precedent in how other sports (not just basketball) have been run with travel for the team.
I believe the events you are referring to are quite a bit different. Tournaments and exhibitions are geographically dependent. The schools have no real power over where these events are. Harbaugh has 100% control where the practices are located. It's not the same at all.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I get that. The teams are playing 'games' that happen to be scheduled at geographically enticing locations. If a team is playing those games, the games are there.

I get that Michigan is having practice, not games; and that they are choosing where to locate them at their discretion. You are correct there is a significant distinction.

My point was only that teams do travel. I concede it is a weak point, but it is a point. But of course the heart of it is that the other sports are going places to compete whereas Michigan is going somewhere to recrui....er, practice.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I get that. The teams are playing 'games' that happen to be scheduled at geographically enticing locations. If a team is playing those games, the games are there.

I get that Michigan is having practice, not games; and that they are choosing where to locate them at their discretion. You are correct there is a significant distinction.

My point was only that teams do travel. I concede it is a weak point, but it is a point. But of course the heart of it is that the other sports are going places to compete whereas Michigan is going somewhere to recrui....er, practice.
so don't argue the point, just preach the castration of Harbaugh, Saban, Meyer, etc :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator