Truth Takes: Closing Time

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
All of this definitely. EW is the best offensive lineman we have had in years, which arguably isn't saying too much, but still. I think the guy could be great with a good OL coach, and better guys around him. I think Kingsley will be fine, but that right side was bad. I'm hoping Braun takes the next step and is as good at RG next season as EW is at LG now. I'd rather keep EJ since he's a great teammate and athlete and move him to a position that he might be able to play at the next level with his athleticism. I don't think his ability to read defenses or throw on time will let that happen at QB.
I think EJ's athleticism is a bit overrated. Hes kinda quick in a straight line, but he has zero cutting ability. He has to come to a stop before he can change direction. I just don't see him being able to play a different position at a high enough level to warrant a change. His best shot is going to Northsouthern State Tech and playing QB.

I liked what I saw from Braun when he got a shot this year. Kingsley, EW, and Braun is a very solid interior. We desperately need tackles though

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And don't get me wrong. Selfishly I'd rather EJ stay because he's a super solid backup. I just don't see him sticking around now that it's obvious AR is the dude going forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator