Tuesday Favorites….Gum or mints

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I don’t chew gum as much as I did when I was a kid and have gone through phases with type and flavors.

As a kid it was the penny bubble gum.
Then I went through a cinnamon phase with Big Red.
If I were to chew gum today it would probably be Extra polar ice or wintermint, but it’s been years.

Same flavors for Altoids or lIfesavers if I want a mint.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Dentyne Ice is great -
Just mints now though.
‘Icebreakers’ peppermint is pretty dang good

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Neither. Gave up gum years ago when it started pulling out fillings. Gave up mints a few years back when I cracked a tooth, led to having it removed and a post put in with a crown. Yeah, I got teeth problems, and these don't help.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
@CDGator I went though a Big Red phase as well when I was a kid. All of that Wrigley lineup was great. Flavor was gone inside of ten minutes, but that’s also what made it so great. It was mortal and it made you appreciate the time you had. I don’t even chew gum any more but the long lasting, artificial sweetener stuff is terrible.

I don’t like mints personally, minus the original lifesavers.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Haven't chewed gum regularly since I was a teenager. When I was a kid it was either some crazy bubble gum flavor or Fruit stripe. In high school/college it was either Big Red or Cinnaburst when they made it.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
@CDGator I went though a Big Red phase as well when I was a kid. All of that Wrigley lineup was great. Flavor was gone inside of ten minutes, but that’s also what made it so great. It was mortal and it made you appreciate the time you had. I don’t even chew gum any more but the long lasting, artificial sweetener stuff is terrible.

Can't find my friggin' "Sofla Skywalker" sand quote!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Haven't chewed gum regularly since I was a teenager. When I was a kid it was either some crazy bubble gum flavor or Fruit stripe. In high school/college it was either Big Red or Cinnaburst when they made it.

Fruit stripe was “first time” of gums. About a minute and half of pure awesome.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

I terms of the gums that I loved that had awesome flavor but fall in the "gone in 60 seconds" category:
  1. Fruit Stripe (with the jacked up rainbow zebra)
  2. Freshen Up (the little squares that squirted)
  3. Wrigley Juicy Fruit (the yellow packs)

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
When I do chew gum I prefer Wrigley's Double mint. It holds it's flavor for a while. I pretty much stopped chewing it a couple of years ago when it pulled a crown out requiring the crown to become a bridge instead...

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
When I do chew gum I prefer Wrigley's Double mint. It holds it's flavor for a while. I pretty much stopped chewing it a couple of years ago when it pulled a crown out requiring the crown to become a bridge instead...

You have access to some great flavors like Teaberry, Clove and Black Jack that you don’t typically find down here. I know they’re not overly popular, but I like them. And as a kid, finding those was part of the fun of traveling for UF games.

Nobody cares about your dental work.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
You have access to some great flavors like Teaberry, Clove and Black Jack that you don’t typically find down here. I know they’re not overly popular, but I like them. And as a kid, finding those was part of the fun of traveling for UF games.

Nobody cares about your dental work.
How do I have access to gum flavors that you don't? Have someone show you how to use Google and you can order pretty much anything you want from the interwebs...

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
How do I have access to gum flavors that you don't? Have someone show you how to use Google and you can order pretty much anything you want from the interwebs...

Yes, I understand that. As I said, it was part of our trips into the SE for away games. When we’d start seeing that type of gum in stores, it was exciting to us as kids. I was giving your area a compliment.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020

I don't really eat mints either but church hands them out. I guess they don't want people singing with bad breath. I take them and put them in my purse (like a little old lady :lol: ) In case someone needs it for a cough. Have you ever tried to suppress a cough in church? It only builds and gets worse. :facepalm:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Another thread for another day....

Maybe you shouldn’t have brought it up. Forgive me for trying to shift into better territory and navigate around the fillings, bridges and denture talk that frankly you should’ve seen coming a mile away when you started this thread.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Maybe you shouldn’t have brought it up. Forgive me for trying to shift into better territory and navigate around the fillings, bridges and denture talk that frankly you should’ve seen coming a mile away when you started this thread.
You left off the bad breath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator