Jul 23, 2014
'tis the season
:)

f9ef1d17-40b1-4b6a-9074-1a127a94a63b.jpg

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
I echo the sentiments about Neil Peart. I think he is the best.

But I must give a hat tip to Def Leppard's Rick Allen. He was still in the hospital bed after his arm amputation when the band found him working out beats with his feet. And he persevered like a boss.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I echo the sentiments about Neil Peart. I think he is the best.

But I must give a hat tip to Def Leppard's Rick Allen. He was still in the hospital bed after his arm amputation when the band found him working out beats with his feet. And he persevered like a boss.
Neil Peart was THE MAN back when I was in high school. He was, without a doubt, the best drummer ever IMO. That was until Allen lost his arm and then, with the help of an invention or two that he designed, continued to play like he did with two arms. IMO, Allen is now #1 and Peart #2.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
DMB drummer is very advanced, rush drummer as well. most probably wont know this group but dream theater drummer is incredible, as is Tool's drummer.

there is skill and ability, and then there is the ability to create complex rhythms and beats from some of the otherwise, strangest and seemingly unrhythmic musical progressions in existence.

the best drummers usually have a lot of classical and jazz based backgrounds that they meld into rock rhythms. If they also have metal speed abilities then they are at a level that seems almost humanly impossible.

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
Neil Peart was by far the best ever. I saw RUSH 8 times. Dave Grohl, Chad Smith, Danny Carey, Carl Palmer, Phil Collins are favorites.
Here is a guy that I think is excellent. Billy Dean. He works hard to play hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator