Tuesday Favorites….Vacation Destinations (summer/winter)

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Today’s Tuesday Favorites has been brought to you by @CaseyGator :yes:

What’s your favorite vacation destination? It can be an actual location or a type, like a beach.

You can add one for summer and one for winter.

BeachGator

Mar 10, 2018
Cruising around the British Virgin Islands on a catamaran for a week. Captain and hostess taking care of every wish (within reason).

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
isn't that where Ralph Stanley and the Carter family are from?
Extreme SW Virginia yes indeed. I really like that stretch from west of Galax out west through Grayson County out towards the Mount Rogers/Mouth of Wilson area, notably home to famous high school hoops power Oak Hill Academy

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
isn't that where Ralph Stanley and the Carter family are from?
Yes, Ralph Stanley and the Carter family were from Virginia.

Schuyler, VA is where Earl Hamner was born and raised. He wrote
Spencer's Mountain
The Christmas Story- A novel about Spencer's Mountain
The Walton's
He also wrote several episodes of The Twilight Zone.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Oahu. Waikiki. Be there the first week on November. Key West is a close ok distant, second.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Oahu. Waikiki. Be there the first week on November. Key West is a close ok distant, second.
I will be on Kauai, the next island north of Oahu at that time. I want to go over and experience the USS Arizona Memorial if possible. I've been trying to do that for over a year now but reservations are really tough to come by unless you are on their site when they become available.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I will be on Kauai, the next island north of Oahu at that time. I want to go over and experience the USS Arizona Memorial if possible. I've been trying to do that for over a year now but reservations are really tough to come by unless you are on their site when they become available.
Been to the Arizona all three times we've gone to Hawaii. Haven't gone to the Missouri yet.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I’ve traveled a lot but mostly to the same areas over and over. For me winter is Colorado, specifically Vail/Eagle area. A close second would be the Mohonk Preserve area of NY. Summer I’m fine to stay right here in Florida and will take Juno Beach over anywhere else.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Here is the link to buy tickets straight from the source. Recreation.gov. They have plenty for the time frame. Recreation.gov - Camping, Cabins, RVs, Permits, Passes & More

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Was stationed on Oahu for eight years and Key West for five... War is hell...
My nephew was a Marine in Oahu and a week before he was assigned to Mauritania he had a MRSA infection so he couldn’t go. A few weeks later when it healed, he went to Paris....looking for answers to questions that bothered him so....

Last edited:

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
My nephew was a Marine in Oahu and a week before he was assigned to Mauritania he had a MRSA infection. A few weeks later when it healed, he went to Paris....looking for answers to questions that bothered him so....

He wasn’t a piano player in England for a while was he?

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Summer: Mountains to escape the Florida heat and humidity for a bit. Really like Blowing Rock, NC.

Winter: Your mom’s house of course. Never met anybody more eager to please.

Alex.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Really like Blowing Cock.

Alex.
Mohawk Girls Bailey GIF by CBC

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users