"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing compares to a home made Burger!

The real question is Fried or Grilled?

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
The Little Diner on Jordan Lane in Huntsville makes the BEST burger. If you ever get the chance, go there and order the "happy burger" and you definitely won't be disappointed.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I had a memorable bison cheeseburger at The Twisted Root in Orlando a couple of weeks ago. The Ocean Deck in Daytona has a terrific beef cheeseburger, too.

Blonde Gator

Founding Member
Cynic
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Does anyone else fondly remember the Mushroom Burgers at Snuffy Smith's in G'ville? Not saying it was the best ever, but it was def. a "go-to" burger.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ralph's in gainesville was one i remember, or maybe because the shakes were so big and good. I like the "5 guys double cheeseburger with bacon" when I'm on travel.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
For the guys in Palm Beach County: Brass Ring on US 1 makes the best (the one in Wellington doesn’t cut it, and haven’t been to the one in Jupiter)

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
It's not the best burger, but who wouldn't want an Original Big Dick with extra Dick's sauce from Dick Mondell's?

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Homemade is hard to beat. Smashing them on the flattop along with buttering and toasting the buns is a game changer. Grilling some onion makes it even better. I thought all my life that grilled burgers were unbeatable. The flattop changed all that.

If we are traveling and want a burger, we’ll usually find a 5 Guys. If we want one locally, it’s always Whataburger. One concept I don’t understand is going to a steakhouse, like Longhorn, and ordering a burger, regardless of how good they are reputed to be.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Homemade will always be the best. Actually got board once and baked them. Turned out really well but took a long time.

five guys has one of the best fast burgers but wish they used better cheese for the price.

nastalgia in me says the Pickel Barrell in Milledgeville, GA from college

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
For the guys in Palm Beach County: Brass Ring on US 1 makes the best (the one in Wellington doesn’t cut it, and haven’t been to the one in Jupiter)

Good call in Brass Ring. It’s up there. My personal favorite is a place called PJ Clarke’s in NY. Several locations elsewhere as well but the best is the one by Lincoln Center.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
White Trash Burger at Pinky's Westside in Charlotte. Provolone, onion straws, fried pickles, spicy ranch. Looks terrible, but very tasty.....

10.15.18.pinkys.cltmag.0035-1024x683.jpg

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
For a place with a drive through window, Culver’s is excellent.

For a casual chain that’s everywhere, Alehouse makes a great burger.

Alex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.