Tuesday Favorites.... Spin off shows

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
All in the Family also spun off Maude...which I thought was kind of lame. But it spun off Good Times...which was Dyn-O-Mite!

I also loved Lou Grant that spun off the Mary Tyler Moore Show, but it could have been better with Ted Knight!

Better Call Saul is a pretty good spin off.

I don't consider things like Law and Order: SVU a true spin off, but just a version of the original show. Like the CSUs and the various NCIS location versions (although, I think NCIS was a spinoff of JAG, but that may not be right).
All in the Family began in 1971 and ran until 1979. Maude was a spin off from AitF after Maude appeared on AitF as Edith's cousin during the first season. Maude ran from 1972 until 1978.

I never watched Maude because my parents didn't watch it. Regardless, when I did have opportunities, I just wasn't interested.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
All in the Family also spun off Maude...which I thought was kind of lame. But it spun off Good Times...which was Dyn-O-Mite!

I also loved Lou Grant that spun off the Mary Tyler Moore Show, but it could have been better with Ted Knight!

Better Call Saul is a pretty good spin off.

I don't consider things like Law and Order: SVU a true spin off, but just a version of the original show. Like the CSUs and the various NCIS location versions (although, I think NCIS was a spinoff of JAG, but that may not be right).
I forgot about Lou Grant. It was unusual for a spin-off in that MTM was a sitcom whereas Lou Grant was a drama. Usually they stay in the same genre. (Trapper John MD was another, though not nearly as good a show as Lou Grant.)

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think Netflix has The 90s Show. Most of the characters from The 70s Show. Wow it’s bad. Couldn’t even make it through the 1st episode.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I think Netflix has The 90s Show. Most of the characters from The 70s Show. Wow it’s bad. Couldn’t even make it through the 1st episode.
Red is the only good part. Has anyone mentioned King of Queens being a spin off of Everybody Loves Raymond

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Red is the only good part. Has anyone mentioned King of Queens being a spin off of Everybody Loves Raymond
I don't think King of Queens was a spinoff. I think they just did crossovers because they had the same production companies and Kevin James used to write on Raymond.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020

Funny, I started watching it but then used it for a few nights to help me fall asleep. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.