Tuesday Favorites...sporting event victory

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Was at game 1 of the 95 WS. Early in the series, but it was pretty loud. Fred McGriff's home run was right in front of us. The other I was at was the 06 SEC Championship. Crown went nuts enough when they muffed the punt, but also when the score of the UCLA/USC game was shown.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Well, not to be sacrilegious or anything, but I'd have to say "A Tremendous Machine".....

SecretariatBelmontCoglianese.jpg
Truly the GOAT race horse. I always felt bad for Sham who lost the first two legs of that triple crown by 2 1/2 lengths in both races. In fact, while Secretariat's time in the Derby was the fastest ever, Sham's time was probably the second fastest (only the winner's time was actually clocked). His time in the Belmont in finishing second was the fifth fastest of all time. He's no where to be seen in this photo as he broke a bone in his leg during the race and his jockey knew something was wrong and glided him to the finish. After their deaths it was learned both horses has abnormally large hearts, both more than double the average size.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
The most incredible sporting victory I have seen was Secretariat's win at the Belmont. I was 8 yrs. old at the time and can still remember sitting in our living room with my mother watching that race.

It had been 25 years since there was a TC winner and after seeing the move he made at the Preakness where he went from last to first between the first and second turns just added to the build up to the Belmont. He did not disappoint.

The Miracle on Ice win was, up to that time the proudest I have ever been to be an American. College boys taking down the world!

52-20 was the happiest I have ever been to be a sports fan. Suck it Bobby!

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
1979 Daytona 500. I was 15, got out of school for a week and went to Florida. Over 100k fans there, the stands completely erupted on the last lap. Richard Petty is still King.

Nothing ever came close to that day until the '97 F$U game. I was in the 4th row of the NEZ. Several players jumped in our seats after the win. Best football game ever.

2012 Rolex24 was the 50th Anniversary. I was a guest in Victory Lane after the race. AJ Allmendinger won driving for Michael Shank. He won the Indy 500 with Helio this year.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator