Tuesday Favorites....Watches

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Watches have changed a lot over the years, especially since the invention of the iWatch and similar models.
Are you a traditionalist or do you now wear a watch that interacts with your phone and reports data?

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
I used to wear a traditional Raymond Weil, but now I wear no watch at all. Never got into the smart watch or fit bit stuff.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I used to wear a watch all the time, but one day just never put one back on. I would probably do an Apple watch, but never willing to pull the trigger on one.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
apple watch. Like how it tracks sleep, workouts, heart beat etc.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Switched to a Fitbit about 10 years ago. I love knowing my steps in a day and it used to be a competition with the kids. Everyone else in the family uses an Apple watch but the face is too big for my wrist. The best feature of a smart watch, imo, is the alarm feature. Before that Seedy used a tradition bedside alarm clock and sometimes he would snooze it for up to an hour. I credit the Apple watch for saving our marriage....or at least his life. :lol:

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I don't often wear a watch anymore. Mostly when I wear a long-sleeve button-down shirt. I have a Raymond Weil. Not too fancy, but great quality.

No smart watch. Yet. Maybe someday.

Alex.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Switched to a Fitbit about 10 years ago. I love knowing my steps in a day and it used to be a competition with the kids. Everyone else in the family uses an Apple watch but the face is too big for my wrist. The best feature of a smart watch, imo, is the alarm feature. Before that Seedy used a tradition bedside alarm clock and sometimes he would snooze it for up to an hour. I credit the Apple watch for saving our marriage....or at least his life. :lol:
Are you intentionally combining two different threads here?

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Are you intentionally combining two different threads here?
Netflix Love GIF by Elnaaz Norouzi

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I stopped wearing a watch after I stopped competitive running in my 20s. I started wearing a fitbit as heart issues within the family became more an issue. I moved to the pixel watch last year, don't know if I will go another brand. My steps counting and sleep metrics are added to my corporate health metric, which allows me to win prizes ($200 Sams/Walmart gift card two years ago, $250 Amazon gift card a month ago).

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I stopped wearing a watch after I stopped competitive running in my 20s. I started wearing a fitbit as heart issues within the family became more an issue. I moved to the pixel watch last year, don't know if I will go another brand. My steps counting and sleep metrics are added to my corporate health metric, which allows me to win prizes ($200 Sams/Walmart gift card two years ago, $250 Amazon gift card a month ago).
Iirc, aren’t you in IT security?

Doesn’t sharing that sort of data with your employee, especially with potential heart issues, concern you?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Iirc, aren’t you in IT security?

Doesn’t sharing that sort of data with your employee, especially with potential heart issues, concern you?

I'm a software developer, but they are going to get that information through my health insurance if they really want it... The fact we think it's really secret when you get insurance is provided through your employer. It's a third party platform, through Blue Cross/Blue Shield.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I'm a software developer, but they are going to get that information through my health insurance if they really want it... The fact we think it's really secret when you get insurance is provided through your employer. It's a third party platform, through Blue Cross/Blue Shield.
Our employer’s program incentivizes us to connect our smart watches and do their challenges but I don’t participate. They throw all kinds of rewards for health care services. I’ve signed up for a less expensive policy though by agreeing to an annual screening that takes my measurements, BP, and a finger prick with basic data. That’s as much as I’m willing to volunteer. You are right though, it’s all out there.

Our employer also gave out $100 for the first covid shots.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Our employer’s program incentivizes us to connect our smart watches and do their challenges but I don’t participate. They throw all kinds of rewards for health care services. I’ve signed up for a less expensive policy though by agreeing to an annual screening that takes my measurements, BP, and a finger prick with basic data. That’s as much as I’m willing to volunteer. You are right though, it’s all out there.

Our employer also gave out $100 for the first covid shots.
Lucky, my employer didn't want covid shots for me, even though I'm technically an essential worker. Luckly the only info they are getting from me our my annuals (due to my good fortune in health).

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Lucky, my employer didn't want covid shots for me, even though I'm technically an essential worker. Luckly the only info they are getting from me our my annuals (due to my good fortune in health).
Lucky?
No thanks.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
No interest in any apple product. Own a fitbit for step tracking but only wear it on days I walk. Don't want to wind a watch or replace batteries so I've settled on the Citizen EcoDrive. Ive had it for prolly 9 years. Four of those years it was boxed up in a drawer following a move. Unpacked it and charged it under a lamp for 3 days and it hasn't lost a beat.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Haven’t worn a watch since cellphones came out. Used to wear either a Tag or a Krieger.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I like the citizen eco drives. Not too fancy or expensive but very good quality and long lasting.

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
I just got a Timex Ironman on Black Friday. JC Penney sent it with a dead battery. PITA to return it and wait so I have a lifetime battery now from Batteries Plus.

Here is a must read for a laugh about a Rolex watch.
Funniest Rolex watch story ever

Detroitgator

Top-notch Сasual Dating - Real Women
Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
No interest in any apple product. Own a fitbit for step tracking but only wear it on days I walk. Don't want to wind a watch or replace batteries so I've settled on the Citizen EcoDrive. Ive had it for prolly 9 years. Four of those years it was boxed up in a drawer following a move. Unpacked it and charged it under a lamp for 3 days and it hasn't lost a beat.
I love my EcoDrive… has kept perfect time for 17 years now

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.