Two best pressers I've seen all year...

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Del Rio last week and Franks today. Speaks to the culture and closeness of this team.

Last week Del Rio demonstrated why the coaches have such confidence in him despite obvious limitations. He broke things down, spoke well of his teammates and spread the praise around. I tend to judge folks on their bearing and their ability to project leadership and clearly he has those traits. I Understand why he has the respect of the locker room.

Today Franks followed that great example. Refused to take any personal credit and deflected all praise to his teammates. Even when a reporter tried to praise Tyrie he quickly pointed out that those big plays are built on the hard route running by the other receivers. I loved that. Then he discussed what a great teammate Luke is and how much Luke continued to help and support him. Dedicated the second half to Del Rio and it was clear that he was genuinely hurting for his teammate even though it secured his spot.

This is what being a Gator is all about. I really like this team and how they bonded through all the adversity and criticism. They may not be the best team around but they play for each other. Hard. Good trait.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Great post! I am sure though the haters and complainers will be on here to make fun of it and explain it away any way they can to bring you down and make you feel bad. That is what they try to do to me. Then when I fire back, I get banned or kicked out of the chat box. Pure Discrimination but oh well. Gators WIN and Trolls LOSE!!

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Well the gig here is to pile on. Not my style. I'm retired and I just enjoy all things Gator. Nothing better than sitting in the Swamp, the O'Dome or catching a baseball game and I go every chance I can and I live 4 hours away. Sometimes I'll drive up, catch a game and drive back. No problem. I should just move to Gainesville but we are kind of rooted down here. All the kids are here and such. But following Gator sports is just relaxing to me.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Love this post, listen I'll be the first to load Mac's uhaul when the time comes, but I love our Gators and those guys play their hearts out. I like what I see from Franks. I'll have to watch his presser based on your recommendation. Good call!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Doesn't seem sporting for the staid and steady to lambast fellow Gators over the mal-contents of their harsh hashed postings.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Great post! I am sure though the haters and complainers will be on here to make fun of it and explain it away any way they can to bring you down and make you feel bad. That is what they try to do to me. Then when I fire back, I get banned or kicked out of the chat box. Pure Discrimination but oh well. Gators WIN and Trolls LOSE!!

I think you missed the OP's point about optimism and positivity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator