Two 'Cane LBs arrested for raping minor, dismissed from the team

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Everyone can blame me for the missing posts. I failed the merge test.:deadnanner:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Shocker!

Attachments

• conv_256.gif
    conv_256.gif
    79.7 KB · Views: 77
  • conv_256.gif
    conv_256.gif
    79.7 KB · Views: 76
  • conv_256.gif
    conv_256.gif
    79.7 KB · Views: 75

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator said:
This is becoming all too common.
No, I just wasn't sure which you were talking about.:lol:

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Crap. They have been pretty thug lately. They might start winning again.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
First, I am glad the school and the police dept did the right thing and that it was handled properly and quickly. Apparently UM differentiates between recruiting violations and violent crimes.

Second, I am surprised, make that shocked, the athletes admitted it Were there photos or witnesses? Obviously, the school did not provide a legal snake like fsu did for rapeis and friends.

Third, as much as I commend the school for doing the right thing with this crime, and am relieved that they did, it is also true that-

1. These were not their stars.

2. The the school is well aware of the current ongoing the federal Title IX drive to address the mishandling of sexual assault involving athletes on college campuses. It would be foolish right now to overlook it when the feds are hunting for bear.

3. Also, due to the not so distant botched NCAA investigation, that exposed recruiting violations, they especially do not need to be caught in a cover up or lack of institutional control. ( and are they on probation?- I can't remember- it was such a slap on wrist)

Fourth, Besides protecting the school, it is an incredible PR opportunity which Shalala quickly grasped. The contrast between UM's handling of this, and refsu's is not lost on NCAA, Titles IX investigators, parents, or the public in general, and generates some very positive publicity for the school. It further shames fsu and reflects well on the rest of the ACC by generalization. Wonder if other ACC members will comment on how they support this swift action.

Although it doesn't undo the injustice done to rapeis's victim, I take some pleasure in knowing UM's positive publicity reflects badly on refsu.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I bet they both wish they went to FSU. Who knows? Maybe Fisher will still take them.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n11250 said:
I bet they both wish they went to FSU. Who knows? Maybe Fisher will still take them.

Seriously, that would not be a shocker.

G

Gatornation561

Founding Member
Founding Member
First of all I would like to say that from what I read, my condolences go out to the teenage girl and her family. These guys deserve to have books thrown at them. Stuff like this is what drives the "progression" of America. I won't get into that though. I am going to take the high road and not get into the discussion of this event vs the rape scandal at FSU that our board has been debating about. Nobody knows what really happened in the "canes rape case". We have internet articles to provide us information and then it's up to each person to judge what really happened given the "bits" of information that we are able to read. I'm going to base my assumption that these guys are guilty for the following reasons: 1. There was no "confusion". Court and jail records show JaWand Blue and Alexander Figueroa were booked on the charges Tuesday. Both are 20-year-old linebackers. 2. According to the police report, both players admitted to buying drinks for the accuser, bringing her back to Figueroa's dorm room in the early-morning hours of Saturday and repeatedly performing sexual acts, including intercourse, without her consent while she was "physically helpless to resist." 3. The Coral Gables police report said the accuser, a UM student, first reported the assault to university police, which turned to the Coral Gables department to investigate. This story brought transparency to a subject that nobody knew anything about. Much different than other cases. Again, these guys did the crime. Now they deserve to pay the consequences. Curious to see what happens to these guys.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So.... do they get Free Seafood now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.