UF 3rd in 2017-18 Director's Cup

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
You are technically correct on the debt, but with the new capital spending it will be going up. And of course we want it all, and by my ideas the process yields the results, you can't just buy success, you have to work within the rules and the constraints that you should apply to spending especially.

I am very disappointed in our women's bball team over a long time. Living in TN they have traditionally been a power and rubbed it in somewhat. I would like them to improve a lot, not as much as say football.
Tennessee is a beautiful state, but I wouldn't want to live there. Had some great vacations up there over the years. I've never been a fan of women's basketball and it's the 1 sport where UF has failed miserably to build a consistent, good program. We've hired several quality coaches who just couldn't get it done and I don't understand why. FSU and USF have both become quality women's programs and Tennessee was once the gold standard for the sport. Now South Carolina, Georgia and other SEC teams are regularly ranked in the Top 20. At the University of Florida, when the athletic department decides to begin and invest in a program there is no excuse for it not to be challenging for championships on a regular basis. Look what Becky Burleigh did with soccer, Amanda O'Leary with lacrosse and Mike Holloway with T & F. Women's basketball should be the same way, just because of who we are, what we represent and the resources at our disposal.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
That women's basketball is the one thing we just cannot get on the trophy train.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator