UF Announces Dan Mullen as HC $36 Million over 6 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaguar45

Nov 16, 2017
I know I’m late to the party, but I’m not jumping on the hate train like some have. Going 0 for 2 on the coaches we wanted was a tough blow I won’t deny that shiit. I can honestly say I never expected Mullen. Idk why I didn’t. Sometimes the best camouflage is when something’s hidden right in front of your face.

I will say this, I think he gets us back to prominence. I also say I think Scott Frost and Chip Kelly will do a helluva job at their destinations too. But I won’t lie, or hold back, Mullen did some impressive shiit considering he was at MSU. There’s no doubt when he left UF our offense regressed in 2009, and we’ve been searching for an offense since 2010. His scheme is something I’m excited to see at our program. I hope with the recruits he pulls in from Florida, plus the talented set of players at his disposal going forward on the roster I’m excited to see what he can do with them. There’s a lot to get jacked up about, and I’ll be damned if I’m putting on some childish pouty face because we didn’t get the right guy.

It’s not Kelly, or Frost. They were EVERYONES top two. Stuff happens for a reason, and what happened was meant to. Chip wasn’t right for us. Clearly he saw greener pastures. We got a pretty damn good hire in my opinion. Haters are gonna hate. There ain’t no changing that. Hate if you want, but I’m going to give him a chnce.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Just gonna leave this here...

We better never have a defense that sorry under him

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
No chance Toney can take the pounding. Hell he cant take the pounding of the two carries a game he has been getting.

It takes a 250lb horse to run Shyttersfull offense, a real 1950s throwback veer QB.

Didn't Nick Marshall run that kind of offense, he don't seem that big.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
All I know is he's making 7 mil a year! 7 MIL!!!!! Improvement better happen real fast. How many pro coaches make that? Mullen would've crawled to UF for 3 mil to get out of that graveyard of a coaching job. This alone give Mullen 2 yrs MAX to show us something, and he better beat Fsu next year!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So who will be the OC and DC? Any speculation yet?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Let me ask everyone this....are you more pissed with this hire, or when they announced butters?
I was much less pissed when we hired butters. Butters was one of the worst coaches in our history, "and yet" he coached in 2 SECCG, something that shyttersfull never sniffed and never will.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
There better not be a penny of buyout. No one will be trying to take this loser from us, and the shythead shouldn't get a penny more than his salary when he leaves the University he has openly disparaged. His departure can't come soon enough for my liking. I guarantee this ends in failure and loathing. In case I'm being too subtle, I'm not thrilled with this hire.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Sorry if MOM, but Corral tweeted “done deal. 100”. I’m assuming (hoping) that’s a positive endorsement. Maybe he helps make this a special class after all. We shall see...
I don't believe it for a second. Mullen knows nothing about the forward pass. As far as the passing game goes, we are looking at more of the same. It's Chump ball and Mac ball all over again. The only possible explanation if Corral sticks is someone paid him off.
This is about nothing but a money grab (and maybe a kick back?). It is well known that at least half the fan base can't stand the sonofabitch and it is clear the feeling is mutual on his end. That's what makes this so outrageous. Maybe if you were getting Saban you would tolerate a guy that you don't like and doesn't care for you, but Mullen is a proven loser. And he has had 9 years to prove it so he can't use the "not enough data" excuse.

Gatorup!

Nov 14, 2016
According to Brindise, who still carries a torch for muschimp, Spurrier wanted the job and was turned down. Interesting if true.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
This is a dumpster fire. Your hiring a Re-tread coach whose got a loosing records in the SEC (and it’s not close) and who will be grateful for the job so won’t push you for facility improvements.

This is a total chock job and he’ll be fired inside of 3 years after we maybe make one bowl game (citrus bowl maybe).

Back to mid table mediocrity for the Gators until they realize they need to invest in the best
We're paying for the best, but we got shyttersfull.
Unless you want to stop being a Gator fan, we have no choice but to "support" the new coach. Not sure why people keep saying this.
I'll support the team, watch the games and always hope we win, but I openly admit I can't stand Mullet and don't believe for a second he has any interest in UF other than the money being paid to him by his MSU buddy. He has been very clear about his feeling toward the university and fanbase. He is not a Gator making a home coming.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
According to Brindise, who still carries a torch for muschimp, Spurrier wanted the job and was turned down. Interesting if true.

Don't worry this will be flushed down the memory hole just like in 2005 and everyone will pretend he was not interested. One of the giants of college football coaching who was a Gator Heisman trophy winner and led UF to its most successful decade in history has been snubbed time after time after time as UF has hired awful unprepared coaches. It is sicking and it is Jeremy Foley's legacy.

claybmt

Sep 15, 2014
Can't say I'm very excited with this hire especially if he's getting 7 mil. I keep hearing that he's done more with less, but his record vs the top 25 is either 4-29 or 7-32 (I've seen both sets of numbers floating around) in 8 years. I wouldn't expect him to have a winning record or even a .500 record vs the top 25, but if he truly did more with less I would think he'd manage more than 4 or 7 top 25 victories during his time with the pound puppies. I guess now we just have to pray that he won't be allowed to bring that pos Grantham with him.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Sure, let me give you one. Spurrier was 12-20 against top 25 at Carolina. I suppose he'd be unacceptable based on that. Maybe it was the school and situation he was in limiting his upside.
12/32 = 37.5%
4/29 = 12.9%
OX is correct... If your a gator your always a gator get behind our new coach and support him. It that simple... if your a true fan you have no choice.
Tennessee had the balz to tell their AD "you hire that POS we will force you out." but we are supposed to just take him hiring his crony loser? Screw that, Mullet and Stricklin can EAD now and always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.