UF Announces Dan Mullen as HC $36 Million over 6 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017
Mullen ... not in my top 3 ... but when it is obvious that my top 3 don't have me in their top 3 and there are a bunch of other schools lining up to get themselves another football coach, it could be a lot worse. I think he can win in the SEC at UF and can handle the pressure. Not sure how this will end up but it is better than where it looked like it was headed. I understand some of the negativeness going on here but some of it is just a bit over the top.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
BUWAHAHAHAHAHA

Auburn ended 8-5 unranked
A&M ended 8-5 and unranked

Mr. Loser is 4-29 vs ranked teams.

I knew your post smelled like the **** post it was... :kiffin:
:kiffin::kiffin::kiffin::kiffin::kiffin:

Twist the facts anyway you want. MSU was a very good football team that season. I'm not daunted by your negativity. As a matter of fact, I feel sorry for you.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Okay, buh-bye.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Just emailed...

Gator Fans:

It is with great pleasure and excitement that I introduce to you the University of Florida’s 27th head football coach, Dan Mullen.

As we embarked on this coaching search a couple of weeks ago, there were key traits we were looking for in the new head coach, such as a strong work ethic and great competitiveness. We wanted to determine if he had the toughness and confidence to lead our young men and be the face of this program. Coach Mullen embodies these traits and is ready for the challenges ahead.

I also wanted Florida football to be fun again. Fun for our fans, student-athletes, staff and this University.

Dan Mullen certainly checks those boxes and so many more. He will put together an organized plan to compete for championships and make us all proud.

The search was exhaustive, one that has included countless conversations with people in the college football industry and a thorough review of statistical and analytical data trends on numerous candidates.

In the end, I strongly believe Dan is the most prepared candidate to have immediate and long-term success at the University of Florida. Coach Mullen is one of the best offensive minds in all of college football, and has an unbelievable track record in tutoring successful quarterbacks (such as Alex Smith, Chris Leak, Tim Tebow, Dak Prescott and Nick Fitzgerald.)

Coach Mullen will do a tremendous job in developing accountability and toughness through a well-coordinated strength and conditioning program. Dan will work closely with the coaching staff, academic advising staff and administrative team to give every student athlete he coaches the opportunity to grow and excel at a high level athletically, academically and socially.

Dan has obviously been a part of some of the greatest moments in Florida football history when he was the offensive coordinator for the Gators from 2005-08. Those teams won two national championships, two SEC Championships, featured the first sophomore Heisman Trophy winner and won 23 of 25 games in The Swamp.

He built similar great moments at Mississippi State, leading them to a school-record, eight-consecutive bowl berths, and to the school’s first-ever number one ranking during a five-week stretch in 2014, which included the Bulldogs earning the No. 1 spot in the inaugural College Football playoff ranking.

On a personal level, this was a challenging situation because I’m proud of the job Dan did at MSU, my alma mater. However, as the Gators’ Athletic Director, my sole responsibility is to make decisions that are best for the University of Florida, and that is why Dan Mullen is our new head football coach.

Thanks for your continued support as we move into the next chapter of Florida football and for the loyalty and passion you have for Gator Athletics.

Let’s go have some fun, and let’s Go Gators!

Scott Stricklin
@ScottStricklin
%7Bed902531-d80b-4f2e-bbff-2bfab92a024b%7D_Clear.gif

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I’m happy we found a guy with a history of success that wants to be here.
What makes you think he wants to be here? His wife has made it perfectly clear that she wants no part of Gainesville.

His pocketbook is what wants to be here.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Kelly was a sure thing
Why?

Frost was the next closest thing to a sure thing.
Frost and UCF was taken down to the wire on Saturday by USF and he is settling for boring azz Nebraska. He would've been chewed up and spit out by UF and the SEC.

I would have been OK with Candle, Cambell, Norvell and probably some others out there. While not sure things, they each had tremendous upside and potential.
You know who else had upside and potential? Muschamp, who was the coach in waiting at Texas and Yellow Teeth, both who will go down as two of the worst (if not the worst) coaches in UF history.

But Mullen is so incredibly disappointing. We know what we are getting with him...mediocrity. We'll be 8-4 every year with no quality wins.
I get it. The hire isn't sexy, but Mullen might be exactly what Florida needs; Mullen has lived through and understands the pressure of coaching in the SEC and at UF in particular. With better recruits and the ability to hire more qualified assistant coaches, I don't see why Mullen can't be successful at UF. Will he be successful? You're guess is as good as mine.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
What makes you think he wants to be here? His wife has made it perfectly clear that she wants no part of Gainesville.

His pocketbook is what wants to be here.

So Mullen starts off by being our HC lying. He just issued a statement saying how happy he and Megan are coming here via Florida 247 Sports. Somebody with balls at the presser BETTER ask him about making a "lateral move." Jesus Christ.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
That statement by Stricklin makes me want to puke. Fun again? WTF is he talking about? Mullen's offenses weren't "fun" when he had two of the greatest talents in college football history.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Just emailed...

Gator Fans:

It is with great pleasure and excitement that I introduce to you the University of Florida’s 27th head football coach, Dan Mullen.

As we embarked on this coaching search a couple of weeks ago, there were key traits we were looking for in the new head coach, such as a strong work ethic and great competitiveness. We wanted to determine if he had the toughness and confidence to lead our young men and be the face of this program. Coach Mullen embodies these traits and is ready for the challenges ahead.

I also wanted Florida football to be fun again. Fun for our fans, student-athletes, staff and this University.

Dan Mullen certainly checks those boxes and so many more. He will put together an organized plan to compete for championships and make us all proud.

The search was exhaustive, one that has included countless conversations with people in the college football industry and a thorough review of statistical and analytical data trends on numerous candidates.

In the end, I strongly believe Dan is the most prepared candidate to have immediate and long-term success at the University of Florida. Coach Mullen is one of the best offensive minds in all of college football, and has an unbelievable track record in tutoring successful quarterbacks (such as Alex Smith, Chris Leak, Tim Tebow, Dak Prescott and Nick Fitzgerald.)

Coach Mullen will do a tremendous job in developing accountability and toughness through a well-coordinated strength and conditioning program. Dan will work closely with the coaching staff, academic advising staff and administrative team to give every student athlete he coaches the opportunity to grow and excel at a high level athletically, academically and socially.

Dan has obviously been a part of some of the greatest moments in Florida football history when he was the offensive coordinator for the Gators from 2005-08. Those teams won two national championships, two SEC Championships, featured the first sophomore Heisman Trophy winner and won 23 of 25 games in The Swamp.

He built similar great moments at Mississippi State, leading them to a school-record, eight-consecutive bowl berths, and to the school’s first-ever number one ranking during a five-week stretch in 2014, which included the Bulldogs earning the No. 1 spot in the inaugural College Football playoff ranking.

On a personal level, this was a challenging situation because I’m proud of the job Dan did at MSU, my alma mater. However, as the Gators’ Athletic Director, my sole responsibility is to make decisions that are best for the University of Florida, and that is why Dan Mullen is our new head football coach.

Thanks for your continued support as we move into the next chapter of Florida football and for the loyalty and passion you have for Gator Athletics.

Let’s go have some fun, and let’s Go Gators!

Scott Stricklin
@ScottStricklin
%7Bed902531-d80b-4f2e-bbff-2bfab92a024b%7D_Clear.gif
“Blah, blah...I panicked.”

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
So Megan Mullen will be living in Ocala? Someone needs to ask him that at the presser. Screw Mullen.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If this wasn't my board I'd walk away for a few days. I'm going to have a hard time eating Stricklin's BS about how this was the hire of the century - a guy who clearly wasn't his first choice.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Twist the facts anyway you want. MSU was a very good football team that season. I'm not daunted by your negativity. As a matter of fact, I feel sorry for you.
I feel sorry for all of us. We hired a loser. We're all in for 4 more years of garbage.

PS Didn't mean to torch your ****ty post. It was misrepresenting that season.

Guess what...LSU finished 8-5 too. So those top ten wins are fake. All three of those teams sucked. So the year you posted they sucked that year too. LOL. Nice job.

Welcome to REALITY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator