UF Coaching Thread: Russ Callaway promoted to Co-OC

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
I’ll continue to say it’s less about caring to have a championship football program, and more about not having any brains to make it happen. The football program has more funds available to it now than it ever has before, even if it’s against their will. The resources are there. They just don’t have a clue how to hire a head coach(Foley and Stricklin both) and what you’re seeing is gross mismanagement.
In almost any other industry all three would be terminated for cause.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
He’s probably penning the fake death threats as we speak.
When CBN was hired to coach the Gators, his predecessor, CDM left him three letters in his desk. Each letter was clearly labeled; System Failure #1, System Failure #2, System Failure #3. A post-it note was attached to the bundle of letters and it read, "In case of a substantial system failure open the letters in order, once per failure, and they will help you through the problem."

Billy put the letters back in the desk and forgot about them.

About one year later he had a cascading failure with his play calling that turned into our first losing season in some time. While contemplating a change of offensive philosophy, he opened the first letter. It read, “Blame your predecessor.”

After the last bowl game, the AD called CBN into his office. Taking a cue from the first letter he blamed his predecessor. The AD was satisfied with the answer and agreed to give him some more time.

After a really good recruiting season CBN had another big failure and lost his 1st game to Utah. This time it was more bad play calling and was fairly conservative too. CBN had to put a lot of extra hours into his recruiting efforts and was able to get a few silent commits.

But, once again, he reached into that desk drawer and opened letter #2.

“Blame the previous coaches recruiting.”

This time Billy lamented to the AD about how it wasn’t his fault. It was lack of talent! If we had some better players to block on the offensive line then these things just would not happen. Strickland was satisfied with Billy's answer and everybody got back to work.

Things ran smoothly for the next couple of games and they even beat SCAR on the road after and huge come from behind win in the 4th quarter. Then the team lost 5 consecutive games and missed becoming bowl eligible.

Billy knew it was time to open the third letter. It read, "“Write three letters”.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I’ll continue to say it’s less about caring to have a championship football program, and more about not having any brains to make it happen. The football program has more funds available to it now than it ever has before, even if it’s against their will. The resources are there. They just don’t have a clue how to hire a head coach(Foley and Stricklin both) and what you’re seeing is gross mismanagement.
Exactly. They made a huge commitment to billy Napier as far as hiring assistants and analyst. Never heard of any of outgoing transfers leave for more money. There's even been rumors of us being willing to overpay for recruits. Our administration or so called "leadership " cannot hire a coach for shcit. How nobody's been fired over this massively expensive fuk up is just way beyond me.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It would appear ms Vegara didn’t cut the mustard . I suggest you find a hooker immediately.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Waynes World 90S GIF
Nape.jpg

Doppelganger

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jeez. Can't this MFer afford a decent haircut on 7 mil a year?

GD I hate this cocksucker.

If you listen to the weekly call in show, his haircut was brought up in September... he spoke on it for 2 solid minutes... fuching boring ass radio

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In almost any other industry all three would be terminated for cause.

This has been my position for a while now.
Everyone wants us to understand what a huge business they are managing but the reality is that it is nothing like a business.
People like Foley and Stricklin would be fired within the first year. Maybe that’s why they chose to pursue a career in a fake business.

Smart move I guess.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Maybe a product of the regime at the time, but he was a very lazy recruiter when he was here before. After the biggest recruiting game of the year, with tons of prospects on hand, he was at dinner with his wife within like an hour or so.
He was a terrible recruiter when he was here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.