UF Coaching Thread: Russ Callaway promoted to Co-OC

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I think the Defnese exit interviews took place today. The Offense exit interviews should take place tomorrow. With all of the talk, I would be absolutely floored if both OL coaches are retained.

But..............over these last two years, I've grown to expect the unexpected
That is my concern Just hoping that Karl does not get confused that putting up 30+ on the likes of ARK and USCe means that the O Line was decent. But that 30 against Mizzou may sway Blade to leave it status quo.

gat0rjay

Sep 7, 2014
Right or wrong, Billy has another year.

Sad but true.

His tenure is over, but he'll still get one more year to cement his legacy of incompetence.

I really wanted him to succeed, but it's painfully obvious at this point that he has no chance. He's demonstrated game management skills that are inferior to most 12 year olds who played EA's NCAA. His player development is questionable. His hires are poor. His schemes on offense are bland, boring, and barely effective vs component opponents. Don't even get me started on defense. He is rigid in his methodology and is unwilling, or unable, to adapt.

The only thing that he has going for him was his supposed recruiting prowess and culture of integrity. That's not enough. He's in over his head, and not competent enough to run a program of this stature, or at this level. Surely there is a smart coach somewhere who can recruit and has strong values - but can also win.

We've seen this show before, too many times. We need to hire an up and coming P5 head coach, with offensive prowess, who has proven his ability to turn a program around AND beat top teams. Only one comes to my mind right now - and ideally after next year he may even have a conference championship in the Big XII. Fingers crossed we can get him if his star keeps rising and we're hiring...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Part of me thinks they asked out of their contracts. They'll have jobs by tomorrow if they want them.
Agreed.

960x0.jpg

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Man he's been complete ass here, name a single big name recruit he's landed? Also he coaches the corners and they were arguably the worse unit on defense.
You kiddin me bait? We got at least eight first rounders in that secondary and Billy Bob won’t stand for it . No question it was one of the best units in the whole country . That number 8 has the Thorpe award on lock . You better believe that !

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Can we clarify the timing of this IG Live post vs the “Wth?” tweet. It would appear that the Tweet was after but I’m wondering if Twitter was showing central time and the live post with Jackson was after. And are you speculating in your “dialogue” comment above or is it definitely from his camp?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
8 was terrible .28 and 2 improved . 3 was below average . Linebacker play was atrocious . I don’t see these moves helping us . Ya gotta cut the head off the snake . Can Billy or we are just running in circles .
Well of course we’d prefer that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.