UF Coaching Thread: Russ Callaway promoted to Co-OC

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Is there another rocket scientist coach out there that has two OL coaches and no ST coach? After two years of abysmal ST play, this is so easily correctable. If our ST are a joke again this year, this alone should be cause for negligence and a reduced buyout. It’s just mind boggling that he came up with and sticks with this coaching lineup.
His refusal to address any of the myriad of absolute blunders he's made since arrival, blunders so egregious even the most casual fan can see in 1080p, is to the point of professional malpractice. He is giving the UAA plenty of 'for cause' and buyout reduction material. Of course, the UAA are a bunch of pussies so they won't use any of it.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
His refusal to address any of the myriad of absolute blunders he's made since arrival, blunders so egregious even the most casual fan can see in 1080p, is to the point of professional malpractice. He is giving the UAA plenty of 'for cause' and buyout reduction material. Of course, the UAA are a bunch of pussies so they won't use any of it.

If Napier is let go after next season, and that appears to be more likely by the day, there is absolutely no way the UAA does anything other than agree to pay him every penny he is owed per the contract.
These are the same people that paid Butters handsomely and they had him dead to rights on a contract violation. If the UAA had even a portion of the gumption you suggest, we wouldn’t be in the situation we are now.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If Napier is let go after next season, and that appears to be more likely by the day, there is absolutely no way the UAA does anything other than agree to pay him every penny he is owed per the contract.
These are the same people that paid Butters handsomely and they had him dead to rights on a contract violation. If the UAA had even a portion of the gumption you suggest, we wouldn’t be in the situation we are now.
That's essentially my point. The ammo is there, but they won't use it.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Is there another rocket scientist coach out there that has two OL coaches and no ST coach? After two years of abysmal ST play, this is so easily correctable. If our ST are a joke again this year, this alone should be cause for negligence and a reduced buyout. It’s just mind boggling that he came up with and sticks with this coaching lineup.
I like the structure. Looking very forward to next year.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I like the structure. Looking very forward to next year.
It’s a great structure, not sure why we don’t see more of it in High school, College, or NFL ball? Oh wait, maybe because it blows chunks.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I really like it.
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
With only two teams still playing in the 2023/2024 college football season, the transfer portal for assistant college football coaches is now wide open.

Will CBN seek to please the fractious fans with some changes in his quota of on-field coaches, or will he stick to his prior decisions and process ???

We can only stay tuned to find out.

When Confucius said "may you live in interesting times," this is what he meant.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
With only two teams still playing in the 2023/2024 college football season, the transfer portal for assistant college football coaches is now wide open.

Will CBN seek to please the fractious fans with some changes in his quota of on-field coaches, or will he stick to his prior decisions and process ???

We can only stay tuned to find out.

When Confucius said "may you live in interesting times," this is what he meant.
I have a hundred oxbux that say the only staff changes left will be naming a linebackers coach. My guess is we promote Chaney to that role.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I have a hundred oxbux that say the only staff changes left will be naming a linebackers coach. My guess is we promote Chaney to that role.
Even if Simple has a list of really good coaches, would they want to come coach for him? I think he cannot attract top position coaches, or maybe doesn't even care to try so we will ride with the insular staff he is comfortable with. If he does hire new coaches, I would bet they get a guarantee of at least two years salary. Why would they come otherwise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.