UF Coaching Thread: Russ Callaway promoted to Co-OC

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Napier has worked harder than those last 3 guys combined.
I agree. I don’t think there’s any question that Billy is a hard worker. Now, is he a smart worker?

If You Say So Wow GIF by Identity

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Can you prove that? I can prove he's lost 7 games 2 years in a row. I can prove he's the only retard in the country with 2 OL coaches and no QB, OC or special teams coach. I can prove he's the only 2nd year coach in the country that has already had over 60% first recruiting class abandon his ass. I can prove he's been given more resources and has better facilities then any other coach in school history and yet is the worse in my lifetime.

Defending him by saying he works really hard is like someone defending their obese, toothless, unemployed, cheating wife by saying she has a good personality. He's a **** coach and a snake oil salesman, luckily for us it'll be over in roughly 9 months.
The Culture

or something

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’m not sure Billy ever gets in that big of a hurry for anything…except maybe sex. Maybe even faster if there’s a woman involved. Now if he could just speed up a little when deciding dive right or left, making sure we have eleven on the field, and whether there’s a real need for an official OC.

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
Looks like Napier is going to ride or die with himself as HBC and OC. He has his generational wealth and that's that.

Only successfull Power 5 coaches recognize their weaknesses and make the necessary changes.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
and yet he's actually worse than than all of them.

there's a quadrant for types of people in a workplace. smart and hardworking, smart and lazy, dumb and hardworking, dumb and lazy. a standard exercise in junior level management/leadership is to have the new manager/leader pick which one of the types of people he should avoid/get rid of. Most pick dumb and lazy, but that is the wrong answer. The worst type of employee is dumb and hardworking because while dumb and lazy doesnt get you anywhere, dumb and lazy is also too lazy to actively F things up royally. Dumb and hardworking will absolutely destroy an organization - too dumb to realize what they are doing is BAD, too hardworking to stop before they've pushed everyone off the cliff.

chump was a dumb but hardworking guy, mac was a dumb but lazy guy. which category do you think tater falls in?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
My triggering comment was in response to him "stealing" money. Dan Mullen stole money, because he refused to even try and do his job. He blew off his responsibilities.

Really stirred up the pearl-clutchers with my post, glad to see it. You guys are so relentlessly insufferable I enjoy getting under your skin. If Billy had hired an OC, you would have done nothing but trashed the choice and claimed it didn't matter anyway because he was just going to be a puppet for Billy. Durty has said as much.

Going to be amusing to see you guys bag on every positive thing that happens both in the offseason and when the season starts (if Gatorchatter is still active, that is). We're going to win some games, very sorry to say fellas. Certainly enough to keep Billy back for 2025.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
I’m not sure Billy ever gets in that big of a hurry for anything…except maybe sex. Maybe even faster if there’s a woman involved.
Napier is so slow half of this board could run a train on his wife in his bedroom while he was home and @Jbossgator8 would be the only one to get caught. And that's only because he'd be in the kitchen eating all of the kids elmers glue.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My triggering comment was in response to him "stealing" money. Dan Mullen stole money, because he refused to even try and do his job. He blew off his responsibilities.
The mantra that Douchebag Dan quit is hilarious. The mf'er never started. You cant quit when you didnt start.

Several of the "journalists" were commenting on his incessant absenteeism by year 2. He knew immediately the job was too big and was just going to enjoy the wealth. I mean, you can check your email from the Bahamas as easily as anywhere else right?

Last edited:

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
The mantra that Douchebag Dan quit is hilarious. The mf'er never started. You cant quit when you didnt start.

Several of the "journalists" were commenting on his incessant absenteeism by year 2. He knew immediately yhe job was too big and was just going to enjoy the wealth. I mean, you can check your email from the Bahamas as easily as anyaxe else right?
He knew before he took the job that it was too big. It’s not like he was a stranger to UF or that UF was a stranger to him. I’m sure Urban made him work harder than he ever had in his life, when there was no fire under his ass he didn’t give a scht.

Smartest guy in the room, just ask him.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If Billy had hired an OC, you would have done nothing but trashed the choice and claimed it didn't matter anyway because he was just going to be a puppet for Billy. Durty has said as much.
but here's the thing old haus, he DIDNT. which is exactly what i predicted would happen.

Ill give you credit though, no one does a better job of pretending to be proven correct when they are dead wrong. that takes skills my freind. kudos.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Can you prove that? I can prove he's lost 7 games 2 years in a row. I can prove he's the only retard in the country with 2 OL coaches and no QB, OC or special teams coach. I can prove he's the only 2nd year coach in the country that has already had over 60% first recruiting class abandon his ass. I can prove he's been given more resources and has better facilities then any other coach in school history and yet is the worse in my lifetime.

Defending him by saying he works really hard is like someone defending their obese, toothless, unemployed, cheating wife by saying she has a good personality. He's a **** coach and a snake oil salesman, luckily for us it'll be over in roughly 9 months.
Lol...I just take the renewals to mean he was always going to be here until '25 sometime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator