UF Coaching Thread: Russ Callaway promoted to Co-OC

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I still think McElwain was the worst of the head coaches these last 20+ years. Yes, I know his record is better than Napier's, but McElwain got a lot of help by having the easiest schedules of any Gator coach since probably before Spurrier. Plus, he inherited a much better defense thanks to Muschamp's focus on that side of the ball.
I think Muschamp may have been worse, but it's really a tossup.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I still think McElwain was the worst of the head coaches these last 20+ years. Yes, I know his record is better than Napier's, but McElwain got a lot of help by having the easiest schedules of any Gator coach since probably before Spurrier. Plus, he inherited a much better defense thanks to Muschamp's focus on that side of the ball.
Trying to measure the length of these last four turds and count the peanuts is still measuring turds.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think Muschamp may have been worse, but it's really a tossup.
He certainly inherited more and absolutely destroyed the offense, which really never recovered. I just find it hard to dislike one more than the other, but being a fuchsing dwag on top of it makes him special, for sure.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
But muLLLLLLLen would be close. Because unlike the others, he didnt even try.
Close to what? A career .500 SEC coach and "offensive genius" who put a 70th - 90 th ranked offense on the field 3/4 of the time?

And he "didn't even try" his entire career. It was nothing new.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

5.5 wins and third worst in SEC. People are really noticing all THE CULTURE Slingblade be building.

Im betting the house on the under.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Craig Fitzgerald, the strength and conditioning coach sling blade just hired about a month ago jumped ship today. He's going to be the strength coach at Boston fuching College instead. :lol:

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Craig Fitzgerald, the strength and conditioning coach sling blade just hired about a month ago jumped ship today. He's going to be the strength coach at Boston fuching College instead. :lol:
Another indictment on Billy. No one wants to work with him except his buddies

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
laughing GIF

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Well, at this point it seems obvious. It's not that tater is too dumb to go after some upgrades on the staff, it's just that every coach out there isn't dumb enough to say yes unless it's their only option. And more than willing to bail as soon as a better option comes along.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Did you bust a nut? The glee from you guys over every perceived slice of bad news is nauseating.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Well, at this point it seems obvious. It's not that tater is too dumb to go after some upgrades on the staff, it's just that every coach out there isn't dumb enough to say yes unless it's their only option. And more than willing to bail is soon as a better option comes along.
qmwfhiraw9dmfduw39hc.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.