UF Coaching Thread: Russ Callaway promoted to Co-OC

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Gator Nation is so dug in and invested in a complete collapse this year, I really don't know how people would react if this team had a good season. People have themselves convinced that it's so impossible a task that even discussing the possibility invites shame and ridicule to those with the audacity to mention it. Napier has elevated himself in their minds as literally the worst head coach that has ever walked a sideline, at any level of the game.

Yep.
One of the most confident and boisterous fanbases in America has become humble and cynical. Pretty easy to figure out how it happened.

Losing is a powerful drug.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019

WTF is a "director of player athletic development"? I always, erroneously, thought the HBC, position assistants, S&C coaches were responsible for "player athletic development" not another analyst. This sucks in so many ways that Ox is going to need a handful of prostitutes to cheer him up.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
WTF is a "director of player athletic development"? I always, erroneously, thought the HBC, position assistants, S&C coaches were responsible for "player athletic development"
One of the day-to-day guys. We've had one since the 90s. Duties vary slightly. I think Terry Jackson did it for a while.

Edit: Jackson was player development not ATHLETIC development. That is an S&C coach.... I think.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WTF is a "director of player athletic development"? I always, erroneously, thought the HBC, position assistants, S&C coaches were responsible for "player athletic development" not another analyst. This sucks in so many ways that Ox is going to need a handful of prostitutes to cheer him up.

It’s one of the many positions that SOS was commenting about this week.
It’s a position that has not translated into a single victory so far.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It’s one of the many positions that SOS was commenting about this week.
It’s a position that has not translated into a single victory so far.
Well... maybe maybe not. But this is simply a normal P5 coaching staff. It isnt large by any means. Alabama and Georgia have more staff than players. It just seems large compared to a program stuck in the early 80s with Fooley controlling the hiring.

That being said, stuffing the staff full of fired head coaches or older P5 coordinators seems to produce different results than filling one with G5 interns.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You may not be far from wrong, at least on offense. We tend to come out of the gate with a decent game plan and can move the ball. Game prep is often based off what the assistants assigned to film study see. The on field staff generally has no time for that stuff these days.

Then we run out of luck as soon as the other defense adjusts. Our halftime adjustments are basically non-existent. The in game chass is primarily the work of the coordinators.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
You may not be far from wrong, at least on offense. We tend to come out of the gate with a decent game plan and can move the ball. Game prep is often based off what the assistants assigned to film study see. The on field staff generally has no time for that stuff these days.

Then we run out of luck as soon as the other defense adjusts. Our halftime adjustments are basically non-existent. The in game chass is primarily the work of the coordinators.
Heyyyy mannnn... I don't know about all that, I'm just here for the memes.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Who ever was hired as the new nutritionist, NEEDS TO BE FIRED!

Dez Watson up nearly 30 pounds?

1709765238818.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator